10 mos. old & cows milk...

would it cause any damage if i introduce my 10 m/o. to cows milk? If I give him cereal with whole milk will it hurt him? I was eating cereal earlier and my baby wanted some I gave him a little. Will it be ok for him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on May. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• COW milk is for COWS, not people. IMO, it is NEVER OK to give it to a HUMAN. And yes, it can, and will cause intenstinal distress in MOST people to SOME degree.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:25 PM on May. 7, 2010

• A little here or there won't hurt. If he had some in your cereal it's fine. He's too young for large amounts, though. I think I gave my kids yogurt at that age.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:27 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I agree with mom pam. It's fine here and there, just not large amounts yet.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 12:30 PM on May. 7, 2010

• like other ppl said here and there won't hurt
    shanda0914

Answer by shanda0914 at 12:39 PM on May. 7, 2010

• don't listen to the vegan. if you can find it in your grocery store (you should be able to)there is a brand of milk called The Organic Cow, comes in a carton with a pic of a cow and flowers on it. it has dha and omega 3 in it for your babies healthy brain development and you can drink it too cause it's just milk with some extra vitamins. it's a tad more expensive, maybe 4 dollars for a gallon but well worth it cause it's a much healthier milk
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:53 PM on May. 7, 2010

• A) Not a Vegan... But you wouldn't know much about that anyway...
    B) COW- there it is, plain as the nose on my face. It is for COWS. Not people.
    C) If you were truly concerned, you would do a little research about the long term impact of feeding COW milk to people- and what it can do to your little man.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:06 PM on May. 7, 2010

• i know plenty about vegans, they don't eat any animal products including dairy and eggs. anyway i'm not waisting any kind of time talking to you because you've clearly been brainwashed and therefore would be irrational and not open to true facts. anyway OP give your baby a little bit a day to get him used to it.
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:15 PM on May. 7, 2010

• i must say though your logic is laughable. i suppose a carrot is only for carrots because it's CALLED a carrot. hahahaha really? that's your argument. also animal meat is only for that animal because it's called cow/pig/or chicken meat? that's hilarious to say the least
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:19 PM on May. 7, 2010

• How many years have humans drank cows milk? Nothing is wrong with them, the only problem is when they are lactose intolerant. Whats next you can't drink water it will kill you? Everything we eat has SOMETHING wrong with it, like i said little bit isn't going to hurt just not large amounts at a time yet.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 1:41 PM on May. 7, 2010

• MOST likely? That little bit won't be a problem. I wouldn't make a habit of it, though, because repeated exposure can trigger allergies.

He's got all his life for cow's milk. No biggie to wait a bit just to be safe.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:04 PM on May. 7, 2010