Should I leave this guy, who is caught up in this dilemma

One of his female friends had sex with multiple men at a party. She technically got a train ran on her and consented but now she recently filed rape charges 3 month after the party. My boyfriend claims he was not involved in the "gang banging" but he was just one of the people throwing the party. He recently had to go to the police precinct and file his statement. The girl's father is a retired cop in the same town. I just think the situation is trashy, but I wasn't even in the pic so I can't call it....what should I do, its the beginning but everything between us is good. We were not together at this time, but I am a little disturbed about what type of guy im dealing with here....also he is a little bit too involved in that situation.
I am 27 yrs old. WHat kills me the most is that he has been a great man to me and I recently introduced him to my son and vice versa...please help I am not saying I fully believe everything

Divalish

Asked by Divalish at 12:27 PM on May. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• didnt you post this yesterday?
    Anonymous

• If you have a yuckie feeling about it, I would leave before you get too involved. Humans are the only animals that don't listen to that little voice in us that says something isn't right, just to see what happens. Go with your gut.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 12:30 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Didnt you get your answer to this last night? LEAVE HIM. This issue is only going to cause more drama (with police reports and maybe a trial--esp if the girl's dad is a retired cop, its going to be made into a big) He will get dragged into and subsequently so will YOU AND YOUR SON. Do you really want to put yourself and your son through all that shit?
    Anonymous

• Eww people do this..what he heck is a train..so disturbing! Did she file rape against him or was he just called in cause he was there?
    Anonymous

• Okay, I saw the ? you asked last night regarding this "dilemma", and know you got plenty of advice telling you to run. I didn't answer the question because it seemed as though you got good advice.
    Now I want to know why you're so drawn to this guy? What is making you want to hold back for him? Did you know about the chain bang or gang rape when it happened, or not until after she pressed charges? Is that normal acceptable behavior with your people? What do your closest friends say?
    Anonymous

• So are you saying that it was okay for your boyfriend to furnish places for group sex that he wasn't involved in as long as there are no charges filed?
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry your going through this. Thank god this happened now instead of after your relationship with him got more serious. I know it hurts but it will get better. The man of your dreams is still out there, just make sure your single so you can snag him up when you meet him.
    Hugs and be strong!
    Anonymous