39 weeks and 5 days throwing up constantly............

okay in the morning i felt something was wrong, i woke up over the toilet bowl. i threw up 3 times already. cnt get in contact with my doc, should i go to the hospital? what could it be

angelsmommy0721

Asked by angelsmommy0721 at 12:35 PM on May. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Is this normal for you? I threw up almost everyday until I had my son so that wouldn't have been a warning sign for me. If this isn't normal for you I would go to the hospital. I got really sick when I was in labor before I ever felt a contraction.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 12:36 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Keep calling the doc, or call the ER. It's hard to say, maybe a virus, but you should get checked out to be sure. Please update us when you find out?

Answer by Bmat at 12:37 PM on May. 7, 2010

• no its not normal at all..
    angelsmommy0721

Answer by angelsmommy0721 at 12:40 PM on May. 7, 2010

• They say when you start to throw up before having a baby that labor is coming soon. Go to the hospital and make sure the baby is ok
    hornz102485

Answer by hornz102485 at 12:41 PM on May. 7, 2010

• it doesn't hurt to be checked out by the doctors, it's always better save than sorry.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:57 PM on May. 7, 2010

• No its not necessarily normal to puke at the end of pregnancy, however I did all 3 times. I dont think its necessary to call your doctor after only puking 3 times. Push the fluids and you'll be fine. Having said that... vomitting can also start contractions and at 39 weeks... I bet that would be GREAT for you!!
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 6:47 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I'd keep trying to get the doc. They don't get back to you at your hospital's labor and delivery? There are some nasty stomach viruses going around lately. Make sure you get enough fluids.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 6:50 PM on May. 7, 2010