Boys vs. Girls?

Lately it seems the conversation has been coming up a lot with friends about who's easier to raise, boys or girls. I have 3 young boys and so far I've loved every minute of it. They are so fun and energetic, of course they are also very competitive and tend to argue quite a bit. My niece on the other hand is only 2 and already seems so "high maintenance" and needy. I love her buy I'm so happy my boys are the way they are. I know it depends a lot on the parents of course, I just want some opinions on what you all think about raising boys vs. girls.

Quentinsmamma

Asked by Quentinsmamma at 12:52 PM on May. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I only have one DD and I don't have any problems with her.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:54 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Not sure if it's due to gender or personality, but in general my boy is much easier than either of my girls.
    Anonymous

• according to my mom...my brother was by far easier than me or my sister..LOL...

as for me, i only have one girl..and i loooove every minute, well..almost every minute of it...sometimes i wonder tho, because at preschool, and then this year at kindergarten it seems like the moms of the boys are much more friendlier..my daughter was in preschool for 2 years..and then this year in Kinder. makes it 3 yrs of school..and we have never even once had a playdate with any of her school friends..kinda makes me sad, but im so shy when it comes to talkin to other parents about it..
    Anonymous

• I have 5 kids 2 girls and 3 boys, and I answered that question...boys are easier hands down!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:40 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I think this is a mean question. ALL kids are different. Boys or girls should just be loved for who they are. All kids can be a handful at times.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 2:25 PM on May. 7, 2010

• for those interested here is an article I saw..
    http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/family/06/17/harder.to.raise/index.html
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 2:29 PM on May. 7, 2010

• LOL, I'm hoping #2 is a boy too!!

No offense..
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 2:30 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I don't think this would matter at all if boys and girls were not stereo typed. And they shouldn't be by their parents of all people. You can have an action loving daughter and a sensitive son if you want. It is all how you reinforce them. My daughter is great. She loves sports, is independent, playful, but also loving toward people. People early on tried to give her the princess complex. I put a stop to that and exposed her to a variety of things. She is 7 and is a true blessing. My newphew is also raised without stereo types. He loves dolls and trucks. He is very expressive and active. He can be defiant but he is very affectionate too.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 2:39 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I think I have the best of both worlds because my daughter is such a tomboy. She is not as hyper as I see my sisters boys and she's not high maintenance because she doesn't like dresses, makeup, jewelry or dolls with all the accessories.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 3:24 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I think it's personality, not gender-based, as to whether a child is easier or more difficult to raise.
    Happypancake

Answer by Happypancake at 3:50 PM on May. 7, 2010