Why do mothers on here try to make themselves look good to other moms?

Reading the answers about mall snacks I noticed most women said something like "oh I'd definitely get them fruit {even if I have to go out of my way to get it}" and the ones that said something like a cookie would also add "oh but he doesn't get it all the time.." Who cares what they think of you? My kid eats hot dogs, my kid eats chicken nuggets, and if we're at the mall I might even buy him a cookie. WHO CARES? My kid is not fat and is healthy, I know that, so why would I care what another mom on the internet thinks of it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on May. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think it is because the moms on here can turn giving your kid a cookie and chicken nuggets into extreme emotional, dietary, physical, mental abuse.

"OH MY GOD, YOU GAVE YOUR KID A CHICKEN NUGGET, YOU MIGHT AS WELL HAVE GIVEN HIM AN ARSENIC LACED DEHYDRATED RAT!"
    "OMG... A COOKIE, FOR SHAME!"
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:22 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I agree but if u really don't care why post anonymous?
    jamiethornton26

Answer by jamiethornton26 at 1:22 PM on May. 7, 2010

• A lot of people are people-pleasers. They're also afraid of being judged. I'm with you though. We stopped eating hot dogs most of the time because they gross me out, but we eat chicken nuggets, french fries, cookies, ice cream... whatever. My toddler is actually at a healthier weight since we started letting her eat these things than she was before because she would actually eat! She still gets healthy options along side of it, but even if she didn't, it's none of anyone else's business, and I don't care if it bothers anyone else. Not their kid and I know I'm a good mom.
    Georgie0502

Answer by Georgie0502 at 1:22 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Because I don't want crap in my inbox for speaking my mind. You don't need to know who I am to get my point!
    Anonymous

• sorry.... but I gave an honest answer. We went to chic-fil-a last week and my littlest one had chicken noddle soup, crackers, and fruit. My other two had nugget kids meals and when they were done, they traded the toy back in for an ice cream.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 1:26 PM on May. 7, 2010

• LOL.... where is the grammer police? I spelled noodle wrong!!
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 1:27 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I don't know the reason but I do know that alot of people act like they don't make mistakes or have the answer to everything. Always get my son a smoothie when I go to the mall... He thinks he is grown cause mommy get one too or he shares with me. I get him stuff that don't make a mess.... Cleaning is a pain. Lol cookies shouldn't be an issue especially if it's not a constant thing. Lol your question is hilarious cause I get those comments alot! Lol.i don't think I ever packed my son a snack unless we take a long trip... Sometimes he don't get a snack at the mall either I make sure he eats when we leave
    christinkie

Answer by christinkie at 1:28 PM on May. 7, 2010

• "YOU MIGHT AS WELL HAVE GIVEN HIM AN ARSENIC LACED DEHYDRATED RAT!"

ROFLMAO!!
    Anonymous

• They preach about it on here because they can hide behind a computer, I would like just once for someone to walk up to me and tell me I'm doing something wrong with my children..... I don't see it happening, so here we are, the perfect opportunity to say what you want, and judge who you want, all in the comfort of your home/work on your butt and don't even have to get out of breath walking up to someone,lolol......

Oh and btw our boys have an ice cream bar everyday after school too....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:31 PM on May. 7, 2010

• My answer was honest lol.But then someone had to go and blah blah blah about bagged apples..I DONT CARE. FOOD is food.We are out and about and im not thinking 1 cupcake is going to make her croak.Its about HAVING fun :) We have fun. We also love taco bell..Its our FAVORITE fast food.My daughter can eat 3 tacos if i let her.MMMMM Kangaroo meat..
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 1:35 PM on May. 7, 2010