Mothers day

I am at a lost as to what to do right now. My stepmother and I have never been close, in the 14 years shes been around. I am civil with her for my fathers sake but in the end I can't stand her Whoa is me attitude. Normally for mothers day I at least send her a message and get a card for her from the kids to be kind. But as of Wednesday, her and my father are separated. Haven't heard anything from her. We were all playing pool in my dad's garage Wednesday night after family movie night and she refused to come out to say hi to everyone. So I guess what I'm wondering is should I try and approach her. Or just let Sunday go by and not say anything to her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on May. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• Eh- if they are seperated/ing.. why bother.. you dont like her and don't consider her your mother
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:23 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I think it is better to acknowledge her on Mothers day, then not. If they get back together, she might be hurt and angry you didn't. It is just easier in the long run and it doesn't really take that much effort to send a message and have the kids make her a card does it?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:36 PM on May. 7, 2010

• No matter if her and your father have spilt that is between your father and her. I would send her a card regardless if you like her or not she has been in your children's lives and yours for 14 years so go get her a mothers day card .99 cents and be done with it.

That's what I would do to me that's part of being an adult and mother.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 1:54 PM on May. 7, 2010

• If u don't then she'll think u were fake all along I mean for whatever reason they are separating I think u should wish her a happy mothers day anyway after all it won't hurt and it's only one time a year so just suck it up and speak to her I mean she is still ur stepmom until papers are filed treat her the way u'd like to be treated. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:47 PM on May. 7, 2010

• How long has she been in your kid's life? If she's been a grandmother to them for a while then I think it would be nice to still get her a card from them and then just leave it at that.
    Anonymous

• I'd send a card, it's the right thing to do. And you'll know for your children's sake you did the right thing.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:40 PM on May. 7, 2010