In your opinion, what constitutes lazy parenting?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on May. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• Letting a baby cry and cry and cry.Not taking the time to teach a child things ABCs,numbers,colors,not reading to a child.Cereal in bottles,not bathing a child.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 1:29 PM on May. 7, 2010

• popcorn

Anonymous

• A parent who does not make their kids healthy meals parents who would rather sit on a computer and let their kids run all over the place. I am on here and my DD is in the same room playing nicly with her toys. We are with each other I am on here and she is with me. Parents who do not interact with their children and I'm sorry it is very noticable when a child is not interacted with.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 1:30 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Doing things out of lack of patience rather than taking care of the situation properly.

There are times when I think being a little lazy isn't a big deal...occasionally I'll have my toddler just take a shower with me instead of giving him his own bath because it takes an extra 45 minutes. I don't think that's anything major.

It's when a parent becomes lazy consistently or in areas where laziness affects the child, as in, always feeding them bad food because it's easier to make or just yell at them instead of helping them through issues.
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 2:03 PM on May. 7, 2010

• mick I agree I sometimes take baths with my DD because it's less on water and electric(for the heater) I always makes usre my DD eats healthy like you said if you don't you are a lazy parent. Health is #1 in our house.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 2:15 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Someone who sits around all day and doesnt talk or interact with their kids at all. Someone who just expects things to tend to themselves.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:17 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Spanking children. It's easy to hit a child instead of properly disciplining. And YES, a "swat" is considered hitting.
    Anonymous

• ignoring your kids, ignoring their needs. keeping them in the same clothes for days, not changing the diaper when you know it needs to be changed. not buying toys or even a crib, just have them in a playpen or swing all day.
    Not talking to your kids, or listening, not playing, instead just watching TV or doing whatever else you please instead of being a parent.
    not bathing them sleeping all day while they stay locked in their room or run wild.
    when you leave them alone so you can do your thing, whatever it may be.
    I hate it when I see a parent using the same bottle or sippy cup for days without washing it.
    not having your kids brush their teeth
    giving them cookies and pop all day
    putting cereal in the bottle or even baby food( yep seen it) instead of trying to spoon feed
    Anonymous

• Sometimes spanking is needed. I am not lazy because i spank AND explain. It actually takes more time and effort.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 2:50 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Bottle propping, not bathing your children and leaving them in daycare.
    Anonymous