How well do you know herbalogy?

Herbology has been around for ages. Way before the bible, before the first mention of God. So how can this be bad? I see so many time where the ones who use this are persecuted for not relying on doctors or god. What does it matter really the user is only using what the good lord gave them right. Herbs can heal any thing if you know how to use them from the common belly ache to cancer (no joke there are other places/countries that have cured cancer with mixtures of herbs.) Why do you think our ancestors were so much healthier? Why do think they never had to worry about cholesterol, or emphysema, what because it didn't exist? It did they just didn't know what it was but treated the symptoms with amazing results. So would you like to widen your knowledge in herbs? Here is a site I encourage any one with other sites and references to post more.

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 1:31 PM on May. 7, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Thanks for the link.

I just accidentally cured my DD's (Extremely!) dry skin. Both my DD and DS have been seen by a dermatologist for it and we've tried every lotion and cream out there. NOTHING took those dry skin bumps away and it was bad! On a whim, I started putting Flax Seed and wheat germ in my DD's smoothies. None of the rest of us drink smoothies. The other day I realized her skin is SOFT! Really soft! But my DS's skin is just the same as always!! So now I add those two things to every thing I make from meat loaf to peanut butter and jelly sandwiches! I hope it works for DS too!!  I don't know if that is considered herbology, but I thought it was a good testimonial to share :)

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 1:44 PM on May. 7, 2010

• http://healing.about.com/od/herbs_az/A_to_Z_Herbs.htm
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:31 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I'm afraid that is not correct, and I know enough about it to not trust in it. If it were so great why are there always ugly side effects like cancer,bleeding,vomiting,ulcers, and so on?Anything GOOD/ which Yahweh is the only thing GOOD, will cure you with ease and there is nothing negative about it at all. Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 1:46 PM on May. 7, 2010

• They did use olive oil , and prayer for skin conditions in the bible. I am sure there are places that believe in the laying of the hands around where you live. Places of worship and so on. Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 1:48 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I've been doing my best to learn herbology for years... But there is so much I don't think I'll ever master it all!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:49 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I actually studied herbology, and use it in my everyday life. When I was diagnosed with ADHD and put on Ritalin, I felt horrible on it. I did some research on how to treat symptoms naturally, and became fascinated with alternative medicine. My friend is a massage therapist, but she incorporates a lot of Chinese medicine into her treatments. She balances chi, and uses pressure points to heal. She helped guide me to teachers in herbology, and other forms of alternative medicine. To me it's not bad at all. To me, it's far better than relying on modern medicine. If our bodies are supposed to be temples as many Christians always point out, then modern medicine is just as bad as drinking alcohol and doing drugs.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 1:51 PM on May. 7, 2010

No that is medicine. God would not have put things on this earth to harm us. Every thing can be used for good if you no how.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:59 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I studied it for a year and I love it. The best thing to remember is...the plant(s) your using naturally cause the thing your trying to cure. So you only use however much you need to cancel the effect. If you use to much you could make symptoms worse. So make sure you research before you use anything and not know 100% about it. I use all natual as often as possible and if it cant be cured Ill use a doctor. Good Luck ~hugs~
    pixienelfdreams

Answer by pixienelfdreams at 2:00 PM on May. 7, 2010

• first of all herbs were created by God ... so how can it be there before God? 2ndly not all herbs are bad... we use thyme, rosemary, bay leaves, and so on.. those are herbs that we put in our food to flavor it. God created herbs for use as medicine back in the biblical days. Its only bad when its used incorrectly. The bible also gives us guidelines on what to use and not to use. Olive oil was used a lot so was incense in the Tabernacle! Here is a list of herbs mentioned in the bible.

http://www.herbsociety-stu.org/bible_herbs.htm

And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. Gen 1:29

Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:03 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Shane I think you greatly misunderstood what I said. I said the mention of God, knowledge of God, not existance of God. However as I have said before we could all be wrong on that no one knows we have not died yet. Thank you for the link though it has nice info. I encourage every one to look at it. I found it interesting for reasons I will not say here for I have no intent to bring any fights or negativity. I want a positive attitude and happy day today. Any way the rest of your answer is my point for the most part if you use them correctly they are very good. Of course there are some off limit no no herbs that if you do use you must be extra careful so it is best to leave those be unless you are an expert.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:23 PM on May. 7, 2010