Kicked in the ear in Day care, What should i do?

My child was kicked in the ear by a girl on the swing's at daycare, now his ear seem's to be swollen and red i do not know if it hurt's or itches, should i take him to the doctor's?

DragoFly

Asked by DragoFly at 1:35 PM on May. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Ofcourse you should take him to see the doctor there maybe something else going on seeing that it's swelling i wouldn't take any chances. Being kicked in the ear can do more damage then you would think that is a very sentive place.
    Anonymous

• yep
    Anonymous

• take him, to the dr NOW
    Aimee91

Answer by Aimee91 at 1:47 PM on May. 7, 2010

• My son fell and bumped his ear on his bookcase. It swelled up really big. I took him to the doctor the next day. They looked inside, it looked fine and that was it. The next day it wasn't even swollen anymore. The doctor said the outside of the ear will swell really easy and it looks horrible of course, but it is protecting the inside. So, I guess I would say, take him in to be on the safe side, but most likely nothing is wrong.
    Anonymous

• I'm not the type to run to the doctor very often, but in this case I think you should. Even if it turned out to be alright, there is a chance that it's not. If there is something really wrong, the daycare insurance should cover it, but they might contest it if they can prove that you didn't take him to the doctor right away. Good luck!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 2:05 PM on May. 7, 2010

• um yes doctor would be brillant! At least call them sna dsee what they say
    Anonymous

• sounds like a night at the hospital and a day of yelling at the daycare for not calling you right then to me. but I'm really overprotective too so yelling is up to you.
    Manda_Evans

Answer by Manda_Evans at 9:58 PM on May. 7, 2010

• If it looks really bad, I'd say take the trip to the pediatrician just to be safe. Also, make sure you do NOT take it out on the daycare, it's not their fault! My son came home from daycare with a big bruise on his head the other day because he head-butted another kid. It's not the daycare provider's fault he did it (the other child bit him first), kids will be kids and will get hurt and fight but it sounds like he should be perfectly fine.
    AidensMommy608

Answer by AidensMommy608 at 2:59 PM on May. 10, 2010