Should BF'ing mothers be allowed to breastfeed in public, or do you feel uncomfortable about it?

It personally doesn't bother me. Oh no! A woman is using her breasts to feed her baby! Isn't that what breasts were created for in the first place? So I think a breastfeeding mother should be allowed to do it where ever her child gets hungry without feeling ashamed about it. I think this country just needs to get their damn mind out of the gutter and educate themselves on what God intended breasts for.

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 2:19 PM on May. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think too many woman don't like it because there husbands or boyfriends are too disgusting to keep their eyes to themselves.
    hornz102485

Answer by hornz102485 at 2:21 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Should BF'ing mothers be allowed to breastfeed in public?

TOTALLY
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 2:21 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I was so discreet that no one ever noticed that I was nursing in public, therefore no one ever said anything to me. I think nursing in public is OK as long as you aren't letting it ALL hang out!

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 2:21 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Breastfeeding moms already ARE allowed to feed their babies. And most of them show a lot less skin than a lot of moms here on CM do in their avatars!

I can, and have, breastfed in the middle of the regional mall with NO cover and not one millimeter of skin visible at any time.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:22 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I always took DD to the restroom, but I'm very modest and shy. I wish that I could have sat in public and breastfed... it would have made my life more enjoyable. One time I went out to eat with my DH and the food got there while I was in the restroom feeding her and we both ended up eating alone... it was depressing.. I should have just fed at the table.. and said screw you, but I'm in the UK.. and they're worse then american's when it comes to BF in public.. the old one's stare hard core.. ugh
    Anonymous

• yes...... I was embarrassed at first but I don't care! It's my sons food supply I won't starve my son to save them the embarrassment. They can grown up!
    christinkie

Answer by christinkie at 2:23 PM on May. 7, 2010

• They are allowed to feed in public.Both of my boys were EBF and I did occassional nurse in public. Under a breastfeeding shawl and not in the middle of a store or restaurant. I would of NEVER taken my child into a restroom to nurse, I wouldn't want to eat in a bathroom why should I expect my child to.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 2:24 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I breastfed my daughter in public. "Personally if you don't like it then stop looking at it" was my motto. I don't understand how people can get upset by it. I see more things hanging out during the summer time than when a women is breastfeeding and no one complains about that. Maybe I don't want to see your back cleavage falling out the top of your barely there tank top or some girls rear end hanging out from her....wait is that REALLY considered a skirt???...So you know what...I just don't look at it...(and there is a whole lot more of that to avoid than breastfeeding mothers).
    Anonymous

• Hell yes!!!!I was in Barnes and Noble just yesterday sitting at one of those little tables with my DD and she was reading with a little boy. His mom was right there with him BFing her baby(not the little boy lol) It was fine. Her baby was eatting and her other kid was reading what is soo wrong?
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 2:29 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I don't think that god created breast only to feed your child but if a mother decides to breast feed there child then i don't care where they breastfeed there child most mothers that I know when they breastfeed they are covered. No one ever says anything about giving your child a bottle out in public so I don't know why all you breastfeeding mothers are always bitching about something to do breastfeeding.

Anonymous