do u bake ur own bread?

if yes how do u do it?

Imane1215

Asked by Imane1215 at 2:38 PM on May. 7, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Yes... everyday. My son has food allergies and we have to be careful about processed foods. We use a bread machine. It takes about 3 hours to bake. We literally make atleast 1 1lbs loaf a day.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 2:41 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I used to.. just made honey wheat in bread machine. sometimes french bread or something :)
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 2:42 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Get a bread machine and im telling you you'll love the bread that comes out of it.
    Anonymous

• Yep- all by hand- we don't have a bread machine. If I was at home I would put my recipe on here, but I'm not. I will tell you that milk makes for a finer textured bread than water, and if you want a soft crust you can put a pan of water on the rack below the one the bread is on (if you use an oven) If you need a recipe, pm me and I can get it to you. I would love to make all our bread, due to food allergies, but I work and DH can't cook that well.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 2:54 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Occasionally. I have a bread machine and it does make it easier. It has a function that mixes the dough and allows the first rise. Then you can remove it from the machine, shape it and let it rise again before baking it in the oven. It turns out even better that way. But it's still good baked inside the machine also. I have made it by hand before but either I am too busy or too lazy to do that all the time!
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 3:38 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I have always wanted to--I think I might try!!
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 3:39 PM on May. 7, 2010

• op:do u use a cake panor u shape it with hands. i do make bread and shape it like a muffin, flat and small
    Imane1215

Answer by Imane1215 at 4:12 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I roll the dough out into a rectangle then roll it into a log shape and use a glass bread baking dish. Rolling it like that enables me to add a "spiral" of sweet filling for a sweet bread, or to make it into a garlic and herb bread. THe additions do not change the cooking time on my recipe. DH actually has a friend a few states away that we mailed sweet bread to, along with the recipe. He loved it; in fact he wanted to know if I wanted to move up there with him lol!
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 4:19 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Bread Recipe & Instructions (w/pictures)

I'll have another herby bread recipe posted later this evening.... ;)

ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:59 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I bake all of our bread, rolls, French or Italian breads, sweet breads, bagels, English muffins, etc. I usually make 6 regular loaves at a time since that's how many loaf pans I have, and I use my KitchenAid mixer to mix/knead the dough. I use my bread machine to mix/knead other breads one at a time. I've also used the bread machine to make quick breads or cakes.

Check out the group  Bread Machine Moms for the recipes that I use.

michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 5:39 PM on May. 7, 2010