when is a good age to potty train a little girl?

mommylisar

Asked by mommylisar at 2:51 PM on May. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• totally depends on the child. could be 16, 18 months or it could be 2 or 2.5 years old.
    Katie80620

Answer by Katie80620 at 3:44 AM on May. 8, 2010

• when they show signs of readiness....i started full force with my dd when she was 2 and she was potty trained in a month
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:53 PM on May. 7, 2010

• When she shows you signs that she is ready to potty train. My DD will be two the end of this month and she has been going on the potty 2-3x a day still in diapers but the last month when she sits on her potty she goes.
    Anonymous

• I waited until my daughter was 3. She was completely trained in 2 days.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:55 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Signs of readiness are good, but I don't believe they have to satisfy every requirement on the checklist. My first was by NO means going for 2 hours with a dry diaper and she trained at 19 months with relatively few glitches. And she JUST started waking up dry in the morning -- she's almost 3 -- so I'm very glad indeed that we didn't wait until she did that to start training! With our first, we just went straight to underwear cold turkey at 19 months. She did great. It took about 10 days total... I'd much rather do that, and deal with a few accidents here and there, than to deal with a stubborn 2 or 3 year-old. She's been trained ever since. My second started having dry stretches and wanting to sit on the potty like her sister around 16 or 17 months... we went more gradually, but by 17.5 months she was in underwear all day long, even out of the house. She's 20 months now and still needs reminders but she's doing great.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:58 PM on May. 7, 2010

• When she shows signs of readiness... both of mine started around 16/17 months and both were in undies within a month or two.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 3:02 PM on May. 7, 2010