is a new bedroom set

a need or want? i have issues with spending money and i don't have a bedroom set and would very much want one. we bought a new house almost 2 yrs now and until just recently about 3 months back barely got matching nightstands cause i needed them to help me get organized and later thought if i could afford it i would buy either a headboard to go with the set or just buy a set. well i can afford it now but i can't commit ever since my sil asked do i need it. so i tell myself noone really needs a bedroom set, right? i really want one though. i want a dresser that matches my bed and matching nightstands that i like not the ones i settled for. my mom says that our room is always a mess so why get something nice. she thinks a clean house is a mess. so i'm stuck, what do you think i should do? the other reason is i love to decorate n leaving my room with an antique dresser and nightstands that don't match is ugly.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on May. 7, 2010 in Money & Work

• No one ever sees your bedroom anyways but you and hubby, so it's not THAT much of a need. But like I said, if you got the dough, go for it.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 3:15 PM on May. 7, 2010

• If you can afford it, go for it! I personally don't have a bedroom set but all the furniture is wood colored, not black. That's what I call a matching set, lol.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 3:14 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I don't have a bedroom set I don't even have my bed on a frame. So if you want it then get it if it will make you feel better and sleep better at night then get it. If you need something more then use the money for that. or just save the money and wait for a rainy day that you find the need for something. I am a money hoarder.
    Anonymous

• It's a want - as long as you have somewhere to store your clothes, you're good. But it's also nice to have some of the things we want, as well as the things we need. Do you have some savings or is this the only money you have? Do you have enough money for 6 months or so to live off if you/your husband should lose his job? If you have enough if savings, then go ahead and buy the bedroom suit, if not I would continue saving for a few more months before I took the plunge. Also, maybe you and your husband could make it your bday presents/Christmas presents to each other?

Answer by missanc at 3:27 PM on May. 7, 2010

• A want, IMO. We have a mismatched set, but there are other things we need... so we just have poopy furniture!
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 4:12 PM on May. 7, 2010

• You know what? Find the one you want, set aside enough money to pay for it twice. THEN decide if you still want it!

Our debate is between a kitchen table and chairs (don't have one yet, ours was ruined with the uhaul overturn in December) and a new fridge... cause it doesn't close all the way and the door shelves continually fall. They'll be right around the same price, and I say save double, then choose!

And think about it, having a beautiful bedroom to come "home" to and "relax" in will be an extra special treat for you and Hubby! I always wanted nice furniture to come home to, and it's finally happening. One piece at a time. Go pick out your set.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 5:08 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I belive that we work hard daily. There are some places in our life we can splurge. The set is a want that you deserve. You will go into your room Every day. Go ahead and treat yourself. We go above and beond for everyone but our self.
    Schaun

Answer by Schaun at 8:50 PM on May. 7, 2010