Traveling from WI to SC over mountains in TN/NC

We are going on vacation next month to SC. I am wondering if anyone can tell me how long it will take me to get over the moutains. We will be traveling on I-40 and then I-26. I am so scared of the drive over but I am hoping that it isn't a lof of miles.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on May. 7, 2010 in Travel

• I'm not sure of the mileage, but the Smokey Mountains are beautiful, especially around Asheville, NC! Be sure to bring your camera!
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 3:33 PM on May. 7, 2010

• It didn't take us very long. I don't remember exactly but we left our hotel in the morning and were over the mountains before noon. Maybe 2-3 hours, could have been less. Mountain driving is an experience all right. Watch out for falling rocks and down shift don't use your brakes!
    Anonymous

• you will only hit windy mountain roads for about 50 miles, its not bad and the roads aren't bad,there are 2 tunnels you will go through but other then that it should be easy, maybe 2 hours if you do the speed limit.
    Anonymous

• That's not a bad trip through Asheville. My sister lives in Asheville and I travel from Florida through SC when I go to see her.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 5:06 PM on May. 8, 2010

• Stop ar The Biltmore in Ashville!! I would try and do the driving during daylight. It is Very pretty. do a route on Mapquest or google maps for times.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:59 AM on May. 10, 2010