Do you think it is okay for a 17 year old to be pregnant with her 3rd child SIMPLY because she has a man that stuck by her and they get by financially?

Is there nothing else wrong with this scenario?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:50 PM on May. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No 17 year old should be pregnant. No 17 year old should have more then one child. And no 17 year old should have one or more children SIMPLY because the man stuck by her. Regardless of their financial situation, it's not right. They're too young. Way too young.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:06 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I don't see anything wrong....as long as they are happy, and they can provide for their children, and that's what they want to do, why does it matter how old she is? Just because she's young doesn't make her any less of a women or a mother than anyone else.
    Anonymous

• Wow.
    Anonymous

• Okay? She may be a great mom. Age is a concern for financial, support, and mothering ability reasons. She has no financial worries and a partner. Women all over the world are moms when they are 17. I hope she breastfeeds.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:58 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I think its fine if shes happy and yea they are financially ready. I mean the only sucky part is she didnt get a chance to go out and have fun or go to college, but some women dont like that so i guess its good for her.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 3:58 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I don't think it's ideal and I wouldn't choose it, but you can't make decisions for other people. I think the danger is that some teen moms get a little older and feel cheated out of their youth. I've known moms in that position who walked out on their kids so they could be free again. That's NOT to say all teen moms are irresponsible! There are some very responsible ones, but even some of them may have regrets and be unhappy. You can't know all that at 17.
    Anonymous

• If it's "simply" because they stayed together and get by financially, I guess that sounds sorta odd. Like maybe they're just trying to populate the earth.
    If it's because they love each other and their family and want more children, then not so odd.
    I'm wondering how she managed already have 2 children at 17?
    Anonymous

• OP: My POINT is that there is so much more she's missing out on. To me it's not just about being finanically stable - that's supposed to be at ANY age when having kids. But 17 and on the 3rd?? How can she serisouly be MATURE enough to be a mother? And all the youth she's never going to experience and the wisdom gained from that experience. Being a mother is NOT all about being in a good relationship and having money.....
    Anonymous

• Yes, there's something TERRIBLY wrong with the situation. A CHILD has no business having a CHILD. Granted, some end up being good parents, but the children have nothing but obstacles stacked against them from the beginning. We should all be more responsible and teach our YOUTH to be more responsible. GET ON BC IF YOU WANT TO BE A GROWN UP AND HAVE SEX... PERIOD.
    Anonymous

• I agree with anon 402
    Anonymous