What would you do if you were at a gas station and a guy shoved something in your back (presumably a gun) and demanded your wallet?

This JUST happened to my brother's girlfriend this morning! In LA in broad daylight! My brother, a navy SEAL has been teaching her self defense. She elbowed the guy HARD in the face! He staggered back, bleeding, then came after her again! She punched him in the face, screaming for help all the while. The gas station attendant came out and jumped on the guy until the police came out. I'm SO impressed! She's 19.

Goodness, what category would this go under???

Adelicious

Asked by Adelicious at 3:55 PM on May. 7, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I would laugh my ass off because most likely my wallet is empty. As a matter of fact I might just ask him if he wants my pin number too because there is never any money in my account either!
    Anonymous

• lol just for fun? entertainment?
    I'm impressed too, damn get her over here to teach me some shit! That's effin awesome
    Anonymous

• I'm glad it turned out ok for her but I don't think it was a very smart way to handle the situation. She's lucky she didn't get shot or killed.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 3:59 PM on May. 7, 2010

• i would probably drop to the ground and trip him. ..when i was 17 though something similar happend to me and i didnt think as quickly. I was at the gas station just getting in my car to leave and this guy jumped in the passenger seat and demanded that i take him down the street. I was so scared my heart was just beating like 100 miles an hour all i could think to do was to do what he said. Thank goodness thats all he wanted cuz i probably wouldve crashed my car...i didnt get it though. He couldve walked where he wanted me to take him in less than 10 minutes.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:02 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Me personally I'd probably look around to see who/what was in sight and then if I felt like I couldn't be saved I'd give him my wallet. I don't want to risk getting shot. A similar incident happened to be and my very first instinct was to scream bloody murder but when a gun is pointed at your face all you can think about is not getting shot and I was afraid if I screamed he might shoot me and run off and never get caught.
    Anonymous

• Good for her!
    I'd tell the guy to "Fuck Off". If he insisted then I'd do the same thing your brother's girlfriend did.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:05 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Oh wow good question. My husband is a Marine and tried to teach me some self defense moves and how to choke someone out but honestly if put in that situation, I really dont think I'd be brave enough to use those, especially if he has a gun to my back!!!!! ...I'd probably cry and give him my wallet...and hope to God someone saw or gotten a description of his car, clothes, figure, ect.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 4:07 PM on May. 7, 2010

• LoL anon 4:07!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it!
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 4:08 PM on May. 7, 2010

• anon 4:07. - haha wow same here. Sure you want my purse all thats in it is crushed cheerios and trash make up an empty wallet, oh and watch out i think i saw a piece of already chewed gum in there.

Good for her tough, I always said depending on the situation I would do the same thing unless there was no way for me to defend myself then i would just do what he wanted and hope that's it. My father taught me self defense and 13 and still tries when he see now.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 4:19 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I would give him my purse. Its not worth getting shot over. And he would be very disappointed when he opened it and all he found was a pack of gum and some of my son's pacifiers. Haha. I'm glad she wasn't hurt but I would never try to fight someone off with fists when they had a gun. Its not a fair fight, and I would probably lose.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 5:12 PM on May. 7, 2010