what is the difference in taste in organic milk and whole or reduced fat milk?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on May. 7, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Organic milk shouldn't taste any different than non-organic. Although non-organic milk contains some things that organic does not, those things should not effect the flavor. Also, whole milk has more fat in it. It is thicker and less watery than reduced fat milk. I couldn't really describe the difference in taste any other way than that reduced fat just tastes like it is watered down or something.
    Anonymous

• There is no difference in taste. The difference is in the cleanliness, abence of pesticides, cows who are raised in a good environment and don't need anti-biotics, no growth hormones given to cows to increase milk production. Peace of mind. Cows fed what cows are supposed to eat.
    Anonymous

• You can taste a difference. I can't explain it, but you can. It just taste better.
    Anonymous

• would someone who drank nothing but whole or 2% their entire life probably think it tasted a little whacky there first time trying it?
    Anonymous

Won't taste funny, you will love it.
    Anonymous

• I notice a difference. When I was a kid we had neighbors with a milk cow that gave us milk every week. All other kinds of milk tasted funny after that. I drank the organic glass-bottle milk in college, and yep, it still tasted better. Now I am having to consider something other than milk because it is starting to not agree with me so much, and DH is lactose intolerant, and DD might be :( No more yummy organic milk.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 4:24 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I drank regular milk my whole life (whole or 2%) and never noticed a difference when we switched to organic whole milk, and now that DS is older we buy organic 2%. If you are going to buy anything organic, I would definitely choose milk. The absence of growth hormones can be a huge deal.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 2:09 AM on May. 8, 2010

• Like conventional milk, organic milk comes in whole, 2%, 1% and fat free. Real organic milk (not from Horizon), has a richer, cleaner taste.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:14 PM on May. 8, 2010

• I describe it exactly as rkoloms said - it tastes clean. Non-organic milk tastes like things that shouldn't be in milk. It actually makes me feel nauseous & leaves a horrible after-taste in my mouth.

Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 7:13 PM on May. 8, 2010

• It does have cleaner taste. Plus no pesticides, hormones, insecticides, antibiotics and LESS blood, pus and fecal matter....gross but these are found in regular milk, the better practices in organic dairies do cause the organic milk to contain less but traces of blood and puss are still present in SOME organic milks.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:40 PM on May. 18, 2010