my six month old had his shots not so long ago but my question is when does he need the next set?

the lady was going to set up the appt but she didnt know when i get them next and my doc didnt say .. anyone know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on May. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Never! Do some research before you continue to poison your child!
    Anonymous

• The doctor said there are no shots at the 9 month visit. Just a finger prick to check for anemia!
    Then after 9m, 12m!
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 4:13 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I think it's 9 months but you should contact your doctor. A nurse or someone should be able to pull a chart to let you know for sure. And while I do agree that research is important, not all research will lead you to the conclusion that you are poisoning your child :)
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 4:13 PM on May. 7, 2010

• OK First thing.... Shots are not poison, maybe anon 4:11 should do some research. Second thing... I dont think that they get shot at their 9 month appt but every doctor is different and may wait till their 12 month appt.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 4:19 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I'm sure if you call your Doctor's office you will get the right information about his shots. And ....immunizations/vaccines are not poison. If they were....My whole family , me,my kids,my grandchildren would have been poisoned, deformed, disabled or dead....(according to the freaky websites..heh) and we are all healthy. I don't know anyone with any education past high school who believes that crap about vaccines. Don't listen to Jenny McCarthy or any of those goofy British Doctors,okay?
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 5:09 PM on May. 7, 2010

• You should have a well baby check up at 2, 4, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18 mo, then 2yrs, 3yrs, and every year up to 5.

They won't always get shots. Mine didn't at 9 months, and from 18 mo to 5 years there are no shots.

That's kind of scary that the nurse didn't know.
    KandiceN

Answer by KandiceN at 5:34 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Your nurse should have known... and the people who schedule appointments should too- they deal with these questions ALL DAY! lol

If you just had your 6 month well baby check- the next one will be at 9.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 8:39 PM on May. 7, 2010

• My doc said that if they had the hep b shot in the hospital they dont need shots at 9mo. They start the mmr series at 12 mo i believe.
    Anonymous