baby's nap

my 4 moths old baby nurse and sleep in my arms as soon as i put him he wakes up. hopping to have sometime to myself without running and playing with him all the time i prefer to carry him and sit in front of my PC while he s sleeping.what can i do?is anyone has the same situation?

Imane1215

Asked by Imane1215 at 4:28 PM on May. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's common actually. One thing you can do is turn off the light and walk out of the room when he wakes. My son used to wake too when I first put him down, as does my daughter. However, I cover them up, turn out the light, and walk out and they usually fall back asleep. When I was a first time mom I used to get soo frustrated, pick my son back up and dread him never going to sleep. Then one day I'm like "Okay, I'm doing the CIO system." He didn't even make a pee, he laid there for a second and then fell right to sleep.

So my advice is to try that. Just walk out of the room just as if he were asleep. Make sure to put him in his own room or someplace out of the normal activity of the household. If you need to put him in a swing or something that vibrates if that helps him stay asleep longer.

All the best!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:33 PM on May. 7, 2010

• just lay your baby down and walk out. thats what i do and still do and hes a year old. he falls asleep after a few mins of fussing
    sweet.lil.mama

Answer by sweet.lil.mama at 4:36 PM on May. 7, 2010

• i had that and it started to get really bad when we tried to sleep try pulling off the side of where they sleep and kinda laying with them in the bed then slowly and i mean vary slowly pull away a little at a time at that age they don't turn much in there sleep and a few pillows and a close eye is always good. at some point you may have to let them cry it out.
    Manda_Evans

Answer by Manda_Evans at 9:32 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Why don't you ask around and see if you can find a used baby bouncer seat. I am not sure what the exact name of this type of seat is, but basically, it will hold up to a 20 or 25 lb baby, and it has a seatbelt. It is bowl-shaped or oval... and the best part is that it vibrates and puts most babies right to sleep. It is portable, so you can let your little one nap no matter which room you are in. My daughter is 15 mo's old now, and she will climb in it herself and fall asleep.
    Anonymous