My sister, age 18 alleged my husband assaulted her

Last nite I received an anonymous txt message from an aim user saying how my husband is a pedophile and has a wild n crazy past... he assaulted someone close to me and how she fears for my daughter because he is a pedophile... the strange thing is , is that the person knew my name and knew some basic info...this is sooo creepy, how ddid they get my number..... it was sent in a text message via aim, so there isnt a number i can trace....of course my husband denies any allegations....what should i do.....

Then a few days later, I find out from cousin that my sister told someone in the family that my husband tried to assault her. I was astounded! How can she make up such lies. SHe is always causing problems, she stole money from us before and she always tells stories. What should I do about this he said he hasnt done anything and he got really quiet...what to do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on May. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• Check into his past.
    Anonymous

• Well, I'm no detective but I would say its safe to assume the anonymous text was from your sister...and if she has been immature before by stealing or whichever nonsense, she may have started this rumor for pure entertainment. This is something that nobody on CM can answer, but if it were me, I would believe my husband before an irresponsible teen because my husband has never done anything to make me assume that this is true. But, my husband has always been honest with me from the beginning...I know most from his past - the good and horrible.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 4:43 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Hmmmm..................Can you add to the story because this isn't making sense? When did the assault allegedly happen? Is there any way possible it could be true? Why are you hearing about it from cousins and anon. txt messages instead of from the people who are involved? Why wouldn't your sister have called the cops when it happened? Why did she not tell you?
    Does your husband reaction seem natural to you? I think my hubby would have lost his mind if he was accused of something he didn't do, which doesn't mean anything because people react differently.
    Anonymous

• His word against hers. If their is no proof, you can not do much. Unless he fesses up.   If she has lied about things in the past, I understand if you have a hard time believing her.  I would just drop it. Tell you get more proof, if there is ever more.

Answer by louise2 at 4:48 PM on May. 7, 2010