My sister, age 18 alleged my husband assaulted her

Last nite I received an anonymous txt message from an aim user saying how my husband is a pedophile and has a wild n crazy past... he assaulted someone close to me and how she fears for my daughter because he is a pedophile... the strange thing is , is that the person knew my name and knew some basic info...this is sooo creepy, how ddid they get my number..... it was sent in a text message via aim, so there isnt a number i can trace....of course my husband denies any allegations....what should i do.....

Then a few days later, I find out from cousin that my sister told someone in the family that my husband tried to assault her. I was astounded! How can she make up such lies. SHe is always causing problems, she stole money from us before and she always tells stories. What should I do about this he said he hasnt done anything and he got really quiet...what to do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on May. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• Why don't you just talk to your sister? Your heart will know the truth the moment she tells you.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 4:53 PM on May. 7, 2010

• there are always 2 sides to the story. whether or not you like it, the truth lies somewhere in the middle.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:02 PM on May. 7, 2010

• i agree with obbydobbie.

note: a few years back i was casually seeing a guy (who one of my friends had previously dated). he swore he didn't have a girlfriend (i asked because i was told there were rumors, which is all true). i continued seeing him. i later discovered he DID have a girlfriend, a girlfriend he'd had for five years, was planning on marrying, etc. he'd even called me while having dinner with her on her birthday!! (said he was out to dinner with his mom for hers...). not only had he dated me and my friend, but another friend of ours (all very casually, and yes, sex was involved). anyway... i thought she should know the truth - no one deserves that - so i set up a myspace account and sent her an anonymous message letting her know what he was up to. she wrote me back a while later asking who i was - i never responded because i didn't want to be involved more than giving her a heads up.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 5:10 PM on May. 7, 2010

• however... i am not a liar or a thief... hard to say... i also know there is a guy here at work that sleeps around ALL the time on his wife and she doesn't have a clue, and our employers believe he is soooo in love with his wife. could you be clueless?
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 5:11 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Unfortunately I have found that people don't just make up those types of things out of the blue for the hell of it. There is most likely at least a little bit of truth to what they are saying or they wouldn't waste their time.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 5:19 PM on May. 7, 2010

• How do you know it's a lie? My cousin's sister's husband sexually molested her and a friend of hers. He tried to rape them both. Now his wife has two daughters, and I"m almost certain he molests both of them but she is in too much denial to acknowledge it is happening. You just might be in denial yourself.
    Anonymous

• Why do you automatically assume SHE lied? Stealing money has nothing to do with assaults. I wouldn't let the man around my dd alone. Did you really think he'd admit being a child molester? They hide behind the wife who always believes them and the children suffer. Did you do a criminal background on him to make sure he's not been arrested for that? It is free in any county courthouse web where he's lived. Protect your dd.
    Anonymous

• I think you should dig deeper, and definitely talk to your sister. Try not to be confrontational. I know you are upset about these allegations, but for the safety of your sister and your child/ren you have to know. What is your gut saying?
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:49 AM on May. 8, 2010