What do people have against the American Flag?

I don't get it, the American Flag represents the people who so long ago, stood up to the world's super power at that time. People who were farmers and such and won their freedom and our freedom today. Freedom to say what ever we want and believe what ever we want. Why does that not deserve respect and honor? Why is that not of importance to some of you today? Can you please explain to me why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on May. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• cuz its not red and white, and doesnt have a maple leaf in the middle!! lol gooooooo cananda!!!!!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:51 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I am not meaning this to bash anyone, I just really don't get it. That these men sacrificed there lives so we can have the freedoms that we have today that are slowly being taken away by political correctness and such.
    Anonymous

• Our country has come a long way from the time it was started. We Americans are very stubborn and independent. Some people do not like that.

Answer by louise2 at 4:55 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Some want our sovereignty stripped away.They think it is wonderful to honor other countries flags but not our own.
    Anonymous

• If we are honoring people on Cinco De Mayo shouldn't we be honoring the French that were defeated? I think next year I will send my kid to school in the french flag and see what happens. LOL. Mexican Independence. May 5 isn't their independence day. Just a blip on the radar.

Anonymous

• OP- I have no problem with people honoring their own countries flag. But I feel that the only reason why they are able to come here now, is because of what those people did so many years ago, and why is that NOT something to be proud of. And why would you not honor that? What is wrong with that?
    Anonymous

• Nobody is saying that they do not repsect the flag. What I am personally saying is that it is just a flag nothing more.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 5:02 PM on May. 7, 2010

• OP- Anon 01 I don't get your point, why honor the French if they lost. We don't honor the British? I don't get your line of thinking.
    Anonymous

• no body said anything bout not liking the american flag. its fine. ure just posting these question to cause a stir between women here. some people just cant seem to like ''peace'' for too long. so yes, if u want a heated debate here.. then post some reasonable question that will trigger women. stop posting lame questions !!
    Anonymous

• OP- delilah, I mean no disrespect, but it is not just a flag it started off with 13 states representing the colonies and our freedom.
    Anonymous