powdered milk ?

I was given a container of powdered milk and was wondering how to use it? I tried to make it just for drinking and it was nasty, so before it gets thrown out I was hoping someone would have some suggestions of how to use it.

mom-2-4boys

Asked by mom-2-4boys at 4:50 PM on May. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• baking and cooking...use it as a substitute for milk!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 4:51 PM on May. 7, 2010

• like the above said, i just always gave powdered milk to the stray cats, for me even in cooking i could tell i used powdered milk,
    Anonymous

• I use it for potato soup.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:56 PM on May. 7, 2010

• You can always donate it. Needy families can't tell the difference. When I lived with my bio-mom, we couldn't afford "real" milk and I couldn't taste any difference.
    PandTsmomjuly

Answer by PandTsmomjuly at 4:56 PM on May. 7, 2010

• IMO powdered milk is gross, and needy families CAN tell the difference! I work in a group home (for DD individuals) and the boys won't touch it! We've also had expired canned goods and other things donated, it makes them sad and offends them.

Anyhow, if you use it in cooking do you use it dry or pre-mix it? Just wondering..
    Tkelly3

Answer by Tkelly3 at 5:33 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I have donated can goods, but the taste of the powdered milk I would not donate it. I will have to try it in a reciepe, by any chance can it be used to make pudding?
    mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 12:11 AM on May. 8, 2010