Not quite sure so asking for your thoughts

a few days ago i woke up at like 5 AM with braxton hicks every 4 mins for an hour and got dressed and was ready to walk out the door when they stopped. And today ive noticed my discharge is sorta clear and stringy, last night i think it may have had a pink tinge to it but with the light in our bathroom it was hard to tell. I've noticed today also that my pubic/pelvic pain has gotten significantly worse. I was just wondering if anyone else has experianced this? I tried to read up on it... but everything about mucous plugs always says it has pink or brown streaks in it? I dont remember losing mine with my daughter how is now 18 months so any thoughts would be appreciated.

ArmyAngel18

Asked by ArmyAngel18 at 4:55 PM on May. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• for some women the plug doesn't all come out at the same time. so you may notice slimy discharge a few times before you actually see the brown/pink.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:58 PM on May. 7, 2010

• agree with Jademom07, I lost my mucus plug a bit at a time, my last pregnancy with my 10 month old was actually the first pregnancy that I experienced loosing it, but it was a quite similar experience to yours.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 5:35 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Sounds like you're very close to going into labor. Good Luck!!
    goldilocks70

Answer by goldilocks70 at 7:45 PM on May. 7, 2010

• You could be close or not close... sorry! I wouldn't walk out of the door after Braxton Hicks every 4 minutes to an hour. If they are labor contractions, you know it... It sounds like at the most a little mild pre-labor. That can happen weeks in advance or days or minutes. Good luck, I know you just want to know (and, who are we kidding, you just want it to happen!).
    Anonymous