How often does your husband spend money on himself?

I am so anxious every time I look at our on-line banking. I see all these charges for crud my husband is eating or drinking or buying throughout the day. I just looked and there is a new $32 charge from Fry's electronics. Yes, he makes the money. Yes, we are on a budget. No, he doesn't care.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on May. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• he thinks he has to buy something for lunch everyday and it kills me, im like you i go to check the bank with my eyes closed.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 5:32 PM on May. 7, 2010

• We talk about things before he buys. But were usually buying stuff for our children. I think its fine when he gets the chance to get his own things. He makes all the money but never gets to spend cause of bills and children. SO I found it ok jsut as long as you talk about it.
    Anonymous

• When I was married, not so long ago, I ended up seperating our checking accts for this very reason. We ended up splitting our common bills and things like vehicles, I paid mine, he paid his. Needless to say, his personal bills were very overdue when we seperated
    Anonymous

• My DH and I never get to spend money. If he spends money its to buy him lunch because he forgot to bring it that day, or to get breakfest in the mornings when hes running late or we dont have anything easy for him to make. SOunds like you DH needs a reality check.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 5:15 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Mine hardly ever does. He did buy a pricey laptop recently but other than that, he maybe buys a book a month and that's it. He gets free lunch at school so he hardly goes out. We both work and I spend waaay more money than he does. I buy all of our supplies and clothes, though, he doesn't care. We are both pretty frugal.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 5:23 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I have no idea and he has no idea what I spend either. We both have jobs, separate accounts and bills we each are responsible for paying. The bills always get paid and the rest is ours to do with as we please. If there is a big ticket item needed we decide who will pay how much.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 5:28 PM on May. 7, 2010

• My husband hardly ever spends money on himself, he got a bonus from work yesterday and spend it on the kids. He need stuff and so do I but hardly ever does he actually go out and get what he needs, most of the time I have to end up buying it for him, he feels better when I am the one to spend the money.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 5:31 PM on May. 7, 2010

• my ex couldnt go a week without buying a video game, new clothes, or electronics even when he was unemployed. my new fiance loves to eat out and that's about it. he never buys stuff unless its for my son, the dogs, or me...
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 5:31 PM on May. 7, 2010

• hubby always consults me before he makes any "big" purchase.
    but buying something to drink or eat quick, doesn't bother me. and it doesn't happen every day.
    yes, he makes the money (most of it).
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 5:47 PM on May. 7, 2010

• We never spend on big things without talking first. He makes the money and when he wants something he says "can we afford it" in which most the time I say of course you deserve it you worked for it. He works gives me the money and I do all the finances. It works for us.
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 5:58 PM on May. 7, 2010