Need Advice from other WAHMs...

Here's the deal. I have been a WAHM for almost 2 years. I love my business and loving being home, BUT, I need some help finding time for everything in my life. I have 2 small children and I recently found out I have a third on the way. I have been very sick this pregnancy and have had a number of days I simply can't function. In general my health is just not good, which was a large part of the reason why I wanted to stay home. My issue is that I just can't seem to find enough hours in my day. I can work my business and care for my kids or I can clean and care for my kids, but I can't seem to find the time for business, kids & housework all in the same day, and my house looks like a tornado has gone through it...

What can I do? I need more energy if nothing else... And can't seem to find anything to help me. How do you do business, kids & housework?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on May. 7, 2010 in Money & Work

• Well, I work full-time outside of the house, but when I was pregnant we decided to get a housekeeper. She only comes once every month, but does all of the heavy duty cleaning. I have not had to hold a mop since and it was the best $ I ever spent.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 5:33 PM on May. 7, 2010

• danielp - how do you have her come just once a month and you don't mop between her visits? I have to mop at least every other day. Vacuum daily... And laundry is never ending. The bathroom and kitchen need cleaned at least daily... I just don't have that kind of money for a full time maid...
    Anonymous

• Well it sounds like you home based business is not cut out for moms. I dont have this problem with my business, my business works around my family and home duties,

Thats the beauty of work at home that works. It should not take more time, it should give you more time because you are doing it while you are cleaning, doing the dishes, giving the kids a bath etc...

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 8:38 PM on May. 7, 2010

• It sounds to me like you are expecting too much from yourself. I don't mop more than once a month. I sweep only once a week. I vacuum once a week. I work out of the home full time, plus take care of my kids, run my home business and do the housework. If the house isn't perfect everyday that is fine by me.
    Anonymous

• There are times when I feel like there isn't enough time in the day as well. I also have two small children; a two year old and one year old. I've learned not to get upset when the house isn't as clean I would like it to be. I'm a clean freak, so I totally understand how you feel. I honestly think I have OCD. LOL! The most important thing is that your children are taken care of, :-) your business and house work come after.

Congrats on your pregnancy! I hope your health improves.

Best Wishes!!

Erika
    Message me if you need to chat.
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 3:41 AM on May. 8, 2010

• Have someone come in and clean your house every couple of weeks. Buy groceries online. Share cooking with a couple of friends (each makes two dinners for three families, every week)

Answer by rkoloms at 2:09 PM on May. 8, 2010

• I work from home. I have a 16 month old son. I have laundry, dishes, cleaning etc.. Honestly I have to make a calender and do certain things on certain days. I mean its housework its always going to be that way its a never ending cycle. Don't beat yourself up just split up your duties. It takes alot of stress off of you. Organize a little.
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 2:19 PM on May. 8, 2010