TMI: Has anyone "leaked" from an incision after surgery?

I had a radical hysterectomy 9 days ago. The day after I came home from the hospital, the left side of my incision started leaking a clear, pinkish fluid. By dinnertime, I was leaking through 2 hospital pads, so I called the hospital and went to the ER. By the time Iwas seen, it looked as if I had wet myself, the leakage was so bad. I was told it was normal and to just keep the pads on the area that was leaking. It stopped leaking within 24 hours.

Now tonight while I was sorting laundry, the right side "popped" and leaked. It was more dramatic than on Monday. It looked and felt like when you're pregnant and your water breaks. I cleaned up, put more pads on the spot, and cleaned the bathroom floor up. I'm not going back to the ER because it doesn't hurt and what they told me Monday.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them. Just need some peace of mind that I'm not too much of a freak. LOL

Cindy18

Asked by Cindy18 at 5:45 PM on May. 7, 2010 in Health

• I did after my c-section they said i had seroma (sp) fluid and they had to pack it everyday until the hole that it was coming out of closed completely.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 6:40 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I haven't personally but a friend of mine had leakage after her hysterectomy as well as her gall bladder removal. She is fine now. After my c-section I had a .little not as much as what you've described though
    Tawanda74

Answer by Tawanda74 at 5:53 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I had that happen to me after my c-section. You really should go back to the doctor. I had a fluid pocket that had formed in my incision. I ended up having to have home health nurses come and pack the hole with gause everyday to prevent infection. Like I said if it were me I would have it checked out at least to get some antibiotics. Good luck and hope you feel better soon!
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 5:56 PM on May. 7, 2010