"Can I have your number?" NO YOU CANT!

So getting asked for your number is flattering, but I really just find it annoying. Mostly because I seem to attract the attention of creepers and im not interested AT ALL right now. Today I was walking around the neighborhood with my son and this guy was trying to get my number and whatnot. I wasn't looking "good": I was wearing frumpy clothes, hair a mess, absolutely no makeup, and I had my toddler with me for God's sake, I dont think that really screams out "Available". So I had to make up an imaginary territorial finance. Some people are like "dont complain youll be depressed when they stop". Well I dont want this attention. I just want to walk with my son without a creeper oogling.
Anyways, what have/would you do when someone asks for your number. I hate lying and making up a SO but I find myself being too polite/not aggressive enough at the moment.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:15 PM on May. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• put some clothes on than, I am sorry but I am calling BULLSHIT on this.. I am sure you or anyone don't get numbers like that..
    Anonymous

• lol.. B*U*L*L*S*H*I*T ON THE THIS..
    Anonymous

• OP here: you want me to take a picture of what im wearing?! Right this moment, as when I was outside, Im wearing loose stained jeans and a Doors L t- shirt. I call bullshit on this too, BS that this guy felt the need to bother me when I am obviously not trying to get his or any guy's attention.
    Anonymous

• anon!.. why would you say that read what she wrote. I would buy a cheap ring and wear it.
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 7:29 PM on May. 7, 2010

• those are the guys that are desperate?? you wear everything and they come greeting you with a smile.

you could:

A) make up a number. but more then likely they live in your town, you will bump into them again.

B) the BF/ husband/ partner idea is a good idea. stick with that.

C) say your not available but that is not totally not a lie. your are available, just not wanting to be available
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 7:32 PM on May. 7, 2010

• i used to have people hit on me alot alot...and sometimes they still do...a week ago i had a guy at a stop light ask me out. it was red my windows were down and his were too. i pointed to my finger to show him i was engaged. and he still wanted my number i told him i dont think he ( my fiance ) would like that. the guy said he is a lucky guy because your gorgeuos. the light turned green i drove off. making sure to go a different way before i went home. kinda creeped me out. but my favorite thing to do ..(i have done this at work alot) when a guy asks me for my number i tell them i dont have a phone. there have been a few times this has happened and i had my cell in my hand texting and they would ask and with phone in hand i told them i didnt have a phone. HAHAHA!!
    Anonymous

• give the rejection hotling number thats what i dofor . look for the one in your state and have it memorised and next time someone ask you for your number give them that one. I do it for a laugh
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 8:07 PM on May. 7, 2010

• rejection hotline ......spell check
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 8:08 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I feel your pain, I work at a truck stop....need I say more? The days where I barely make it to work and show up unshowered with greasy hair and skin and no make up? Those are the days where I get the most pick up lines thrown my way. I mostly just laugh it off and tell them I am taken...but that doesn't really work either....I once just walked away in the middle of a transaction...there isn't much I can do though cuz I am at work. Just to let you know though, I am married and have my wedding ring on at all times, so wearing a cheap ring isn't going to stop those kind of guys!
    Hulkgrrl

Answer by Hulkgrrl at 8:50 PM on May. 7, 2010

• rejection hotline here too. i found a local rejection number that i give it, and i tell them i cant ever remember my own number, which i cant by the way, and get the number from my cell
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 9:21 PM on May. 7, 2010