I kinda have a prob with a vax question and my son.

he developed normally through most of his vaccines, well at around 15 months when he received some he had missed do to illness he started to delay. he is now 2 yrs and 3 months old and after not receiving anymore vaccines he is starting to catch up and talk. could this be related to the vaccines? i'm afraid to go get him caught up incase it could be ths he doesn't deserve this if it's what it is just because some ppl say all kids need it. i think it should be my choice. please no drama it's a question to help a mom in need of answers thnx.

AidenJaice12708

Asked by AidenJaice12708 at 7:21 PM on May. 7, 2010 in Kids' Health

• i think you already made up ur mind. the only thing is i think if you send him to school you will have to catch up. unless its religious. i vax and there is no evidence that vaccines delay childrens development. just my opinion. my dd goes to daycare and has never gotten sick. she is 14months old. if you went this long with out catching up just wait until he is school age then. its a personal thing.
    Anonymous

• You are going to get a good bit of really horrid bashing answers here. I'm sorry, but that's the truth. My Children are both vax free, and are healthy. Learning disabilities are more common in vaccinated kids, but there is no reason to think that they ALL come from vaccines. Plenty of unvaxed kids have them as well. However there is a great amount of research that link learning disabilities with chemical exposure, and vaccines are packed full of chemicals...

I would stress to you that you do some research for yourself. If you would like some information I would be happy to point you in the right direction. But at the end of the day the choice is yours. Personally I feel if more parents were better educated about vaccines, there would be many less vaccinated children. But again, it's up to each parent.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:27 PM on May. 7, 2010

• i would like to know more i am vaxed and have no problems health wise but i kinda found it strange if u will that he was fine untill he couldn't be vaxed and when we caught him up he started having problems and since we havent had anymore shots since then he has slowly very slowly started to go back to "normal". he has started talking again which we thought he never would and can recongnise certain things. i am kinda up in the air about it still i just accinesdon't want tis to happen again if it is the vaccines causing problems. obviously the doc is gonna say no it's not but like the pp said there is so much evidence that it can cause it.
    AidenJaice12708

Answer by AidenJaice12708 at 7:43 PM on May. 7, 2010

• My son is 5 now, and so far we are up to day, but...... NO MORE. He did't get behind, or start having beh. problems. I simply don't want him to have no more vax. And you don't need to have any religious reasons.
    He will start K this fall, and i allrady got him a EXEMPTION from state health serv.
    If you need a info. on how to get one, pleace send me messge, I'll be happy to pass you this info.
    Good luck, and don't stress ), it is much more vax- free kids, then you thing ).
    laygla

Answer by laygla at 11:34 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Was it just talking the he got behind in or other things?
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 10:04 AM on May. 8, 2010

• All three of my kids were vaxed (ages 13, 10 and 7 now). My oldest talked earlier (before she began walking and was very articluate), my second started talking later and has taken speech therapy, my youngest has developed "normally". So all three were different which makes sense because every child develops differently at different paces. The scientific evidence does not support the idea that vaccines cause any developmental delays. Your child would probably have developed the same way even if he didn't have vaccines. Not everything that will happen to your child is related to events that stand out in your mind (like vaccines). But if you want to think the vaccines were involved, I'm sure you can find people and websites that will support that idea. But I think it's poor reasoning to relate all challenges a child has back to vaccines.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on May. 8, 2010

• Every state is different on what exemptions can be for. Some states will only accept religous exemptions or medical exemptions. My children have all had vaccines too and none have had delays due to them. My oldest has cerebral palsy which is why she has delays but they are mild. My son has a speech delay but it is getting better daily by working with a speech therapist.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 12:26 AM on May. 9, 2010

• do what you believe is best in your heart and as a parent for your child.
    do some research on both sides of the controversy and make a decision on what you think is best for your family.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:50 AM on May. 10, 2010

• ^What MomNbabyGirl said.

Don't let anyone "point" you in the "right" direction...that direction may be biased. Do some research on BOTH sides of the argument, get informed, decide what risks, if any, you're willing to take, and make the decision you feel is best for your child.

Good luck!
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 4:06 PM on May. 10, 2010

• he started having problems walking he was tripping alot more than normal and started crawling to get around but that lasted a couple months. the talking thing he was talking and then he couldn't like he forgot how to talk. at first he wasn't even talking like baby gibberish he just didn't say anything except cry when he needed something. then the gibberish came little by little. now he is doing better and is in occupational therapy and is supposto start speach therwpy whenever they can get him in.
    AidenJaice12708

Answer by AidenJaice12708 at 4:57 PM on May. 10, 2010