The Transsexual brain & homosexuality??

In a very small number of babies their brain actually matures to be the opposite sex from their body. So they are literally men trapped in the body of women or visa versa... There is really no question about IF this happens, but we don't have a clue as to why.

My question is this...

Due to the fact that we know scientifically this does happen to transsexuals, is there a chance that homosexuality is caused by a similar issue? And if it was would it change the views people have about homosexuals?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:37 PM on May. 7, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• could be that chance. But some people will never see it that way. I dont see why anyone wouldnt accept a gay or a trans. They are people like you adn me. They are just different. Everyone is differnt people just dont agree with their views or their way of living. I see nothing wrong with either gay or trans, hell i wish I had my very own gay guy to hang around. I used to have gay friends till I moved now I dont have any and I miss hanging out with them. I like gay guys more then i like straight women as friends lol
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:47 PM on May. 7, 2010

• actually its proven that gay people have the body of the sex that they look like, but the nervous system of the oppisite sex. but the people who dont like or accept gays, are religious people who believe in the bible and dont care about science so they dont care what is scientifically proven, they believe in the bible and that is it. they are very close minded so no, they wont ever accept gay people.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 7:58 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Actually in quite a few studies and cases it has been proven in natural born homosexuals. Some scientists have even tested that we all have a tiny attraction to those of the same sex with 60% success rate of course the way some were raised and religion is believed to have a bit of a contradictory factor in this study. So really they are acting on what is natural to them.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:58 PM on May. 7, 2010

• http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/06/080617151845.htm

I would only suggest you read the above article.

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:31 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Ditto what the other ladies said. You can't help how you were born but it can sometimes make life difficult.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:40 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I know there is scientific evidence such as the article Kristi posted, but I also have a different take on it. Most people think I'm full of it though, so feel free to skip right over my little theory

I believe in reincarnation. I also believe that each life is lived to teach us something, and to bring us closer to enlightenment. If someone of one sex is having trouble understanding, or being kind to, the opposite sex, they may be born as the opposite sex until such a time as they learn whatever they are to learn. I kind of think that our souls could have a preference of being one sex or another, but sometimes we are required to live the life of someone who is the opposite of our preferred gender. So... it is quite possible that the body is one sex, and the brain (and soul) is another. Sound like crap? Yeah, it might be, but it's what I believe. : )
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 8:45 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I have never denied that homosexuality could, in fact, be genetic. It doesn't change the fact that (i believe) its a sin. Wouldn't change it one little bit. Because I base my belief on something more than the couple scriptures that say it is wrong; I base it on the fact nothing was taught about marrying a same sex person, all that is taught re: marriage is with heterosexuals, if God wanted there to be homosexuality or bi-sexuality or for us to choose, God would have created a MAN and WOMAN for Adam to choose from, not just woman.
    I still respect homosexuals, and am for their human rights, but my life and beliefs are led based on my faith and beliefs, and I disagree with gay marriage. I feel its wrong. Others don't, and I accept that. But, it wouldn't change MY mind.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 9:37 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Yeah but MAN put the Bible together. Maybe the books these MEN left out did talk about homosexual marriages. And how can you say it is natural and wrong at the same time. Doesn't that mean that God screwed up?
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:40 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I didn't say it was natural... I think of it more as a birth defect, if genetics is the case. And I don't mean that offensively. But if you look back on any of the other supposed gospels, etc that were "left out" of the bible, they don't discuss homosexual marriage. And again... God didn't create a man AND woman for Adam, he gave him a WOMAN, not a choice!
    But, if I didnt' believe on God, I'd think homosexuality was fine. It is true that my belief is based on religion. I don't think homosexuals are bad people. but that isn't the argument here.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 1:13 AM on May. 8, 2010

• mssbreezy: "I base it on the fact nothing was taught about marrying a same sex person, all that is taught re: marriage is with heterosexuals"

actually that's entirely accurate either. I'm assuming you mean biblically, since that's how you base your views on homosexuality. "Ruth 1:14, referring to the relationship between Ruth and Naomi, mentions that "Ruth clave onto her." (KJV) The Hebrew word translated here as "clave" is identical to that used in the description of a heterosexual marriage in Genesis 2:24:

"Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh." (KJV)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:13 AM on May. 8, 2010