Have you ever known a pair of identical twin in which one was gay and the other wasn't?

Reason I ask is my sister just started dating this guy who's identical twin brother is gay. Her boyfriend claims to be straight, but my reasoning is that if it's genetic and they share the same genes he probably is too and is maybe just trying to surpress it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on May. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes. Why?
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 7:43 PM on May. 7, 2010

• No I can't say that I have.
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 7:43 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Yes but identical twins still like different things. Their looks can be identical, a personality isnt
    Anonymous

• actually my cousin has two twin identical girl cousins. one is gay and very butch, and the other one is not gay and is very girly. theyve always been that way.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 7:55 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Well, a little different case, I am a twin to a boy and my brother is gay and I am not. We are 40 now and I've known since high school. He married a man. whatever. As long as he is happy.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 7:57 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Yes. I had a hair dresser who was gay and his identical twin was not.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 8:40 PM on May. 7, 2010

• So, it looks like the genetic theory might not be so...
    29again

Answer by 29again at 9:05 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Yep, I went to school with them. Doug and Dan. Doug is gay.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:17 PM on May. 7, 2010

• When I took a psychology of gender course in university the current study was that if your identical twin was gay, there was a fifty percent chance that the other twin would also be gay (which is much higher than the rate if a sibling who was not an identical twin was gay.) That makes it appear that there is a genetic componant (thus the much higher rate of both twins being gay vs two siblings being gay) but it is not apparently the only componant.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:28 PM on May. 7, 2010

• yes my mom had these friends from child hood who look just alike and one is gay and the other isnt
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 10:42 PM on May. 7, 2010