Contradictions in the bible. How does this make sense?

http://ben9275374.tripod.com/index.html

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 8:02 PM on May. 7, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Ah so someone dying multiple times contradiction?? Not the only one.

1SA 17:50 David killed Goliath with a slingshot.
    1SA 17:51 David killed Goliath (again?) with a sword.

1SA 17:50 David killed Goliath.
    2SA 21:19 Elhanan killed Goliath.

1SA 31:4-6 Saul killed himself by falling on his sword.
    2SA 1:2-10 Saul, at his own request, was slain by an Amalekite.
    2SA 21:12 Saul was killed by the Philistines on Gilboa.
    1CH 10:13-14 Saul was slain by God.

2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:27 PM on May. 7, 2010

• iDK what does the link say?? LOL I don't follow links for I am afraid of computer viruses. LOL
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:05 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Oh wait let me give you the standard response "You're taking it out of context."
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:06 PM on May. 7, 2010

• 2autisticsmom The info is way to much to post. Though I am not taking it out of context that is what the page is about. I can guarantee you wont get a virus though I have linux and it wont even let me open any site that is dangerous.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 8:09 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I only have time to answer the first one right now: 1. First, Judas tried to kill himself by hanging himself. And this is not always a successful way. Maybe he tried, and failed (as have many others who have tried to commit suicide by hanging). Then after some time, he threw himself off a cliff and fell upon some jagged rocks. Keep in mind that it is not uncommon for people who commit suicide to have tried it before. 2. Judas could have tied a rope to a tree branch that extended over a cliff (after all, you have to get some space between your feet and the ground to hang yourself). In this situation, the rope/branch could have broke before or after death, and Judas plummeted to the ground and landed on some jagged rocks.
    Anonymous

• notice that the text does not say that Judas died as a result of hanging. All it says is that he "went and hanged himself." Luke however, in Acts, tells us that "and falling headlong, he burst open in the middle and all his entrails gushed out." This is a pretty clear indication (along with the other details given in Acts - Peter's speech, the need to pick a new apostle, etc.) that at least after Judas' fall, he was dead. So the whole concept that Matthew and Luke both recount Judas' death is highly probable, but not clear cut.
    Anonymous

• I didn't follow the link. I have a list of biblical contradictions. Some of which are simply differences in numbers, but in my mind if you can't trust every word, how do you know what you can trust...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:11 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Seriously hot-mama, that is WAY too much for one post, if I were you I would take a look through and break that up into a few different posts. I'm thinking you might end up with a really confusing post if you don't...that's JMHO though, you don't have to do anything you don't want to :-)
    Anonymous

• Anon that doesn't really explain it away. Because if he did try to hang him self but fell instead then there is no reason for his middle to split. That would happen if he fell on some thing like a sword but that is never mentioned.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 8:13 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I was speculating, not trying to explain anything away. In my view that isn't really the big contradiction it may seem because there are plausible explanations like the one I offered, as with many of the points raised in that article just from a quick look through. If you're looking for definitive answers that are absolutely clear cut one way or the other you're not likely to get them and if you aren't willing to entertain ideas like that one I presented it seems you've made up your mind on this subject and there's no point in my continuing in this "discussion" when I have time to come back.
    Anonymous