How do you know when a freindship is over.

I have a very good friend, over the past few months has acted weird. She doesn't want to talk about it and pretends she doesn't know what I'm talking about when i bring it up. I can't bring myself to be nice anymore should i just not be friends with her anymore?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:09 PM on May. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• I usually cut off friends if I feel like im the only one trying.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 8:10 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Well the thing is we grow apart from some people. Don't fret. Play it cool and acknowledge her when you need to. Other wise lay low. If she doesn't call you or talk then so be it. Other wise act as if nothing has happened. Go about your merry way. Things happened and she may not be able to articulate what is going on with her. Simply chalk it up to experience.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:11 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I would just distance yourself from her, and try not to think about it. You've tried, and that's what matters. But, if she wants to be an active friend to you again, I would expect an explination, because it's not cool just to shut someone out like she's doing to you.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 8:16 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I agree with CAGirl4

Answer by admckenzie at 8:20 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I think it depends on how long you have been friends. I was going through this a while back and someone reminded me that sometimes, most of the time friends just seem to drift apart. I have a friend who is still my best friend, that I rarely talk to. But we meet up every once and again and "catch up" After having kids and such some people tend to get really wrapped up in that, are tired at the end of their days, just want to relax. Even though she doesnt want to talk about it, remind her that you are still there for her and you always will be. If you think she needs a friend to talk to, what good would walking away do?
    Anonymous

• I would say yes, maybe it is over. Give her some time without contact initiated from you, and then see if she calls. If not, rest assured that it is her loss, or send her one last small note (online or something) letting her know that you are always there for her if she needs to talk. If she does have an issue with something that she can't bring herself to discuss with you, it might be making her very uncomfortable when you ask her about it. Time and distance will either heal or separate the two of you. Good luck!!!!
    Anonymous

• Depends on if you still want to be friends. There has been a couple friends that I just cut out of my life because I was sick of their drama. One still texts me and hasnt really gotten the point yet but I just ignore her. Her and my little stalker talk to each other and like to cause pointless drama so I just refuse to talk to her. If you feel like your the only one trying then I dont think there is really any point in being friends.
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 11:02 PM on May. 7, 2010