Am I overreacting?

For Mother's Day, we were gonna make plans to go out to eat, but then today, my SO said we didn't have the money cause we had to pay the bills and I was fine with that, so I said ok. Then I look in the refrigerator and seen that what he was supposed to take into work today for lunch was still there. So I asked him what did he have for lunch? He told me he spent $20.00 for chinese food and then after work he got a hair cut which cost $15.00. And then went to Game Stop and bought a $3.00 game. Which equals $38.00, which could have been spent for dinner on Mother's Day. Any other circumstances I wouldn't care. But I can't help but feel a little bit hurt that he brushed me aside and thought of himself.

Cappy1979

Asked by Cappy1979 at 8:13 PM on May. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• I'd tell your SO to shove it and go get a mani/pedi
    Anonymous

• yeah. your definatly not overreacting. i would be hurt too. =(
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:15 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Oh and who the heck spends $20 on chinese food for lunch....I'd look into that one
    Anonymous

• Well did you tell him that?
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:16 PM on May. 7, 2010

• You are not his mother so yes I think you are overreacting.
    Anonymous

• anon-WTF?
    Anonymous

• It was a little here and a little there in his mind....guys don't think of it as a whole $38.00, unfortunately. He probably wasn't thinking that far ahead to Mother's Day either. It would still frustrate me. I always tell my husband he has to match me whatever he spends on himself lol He doesn't like that, but it's only fair right? lol
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 8:22 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I'm a mother who wouldn't make a big deal about it. I don't need dinner and a gift to feel appreciated. My child saying that he loves me is enough! I get that everyday!
    Anonymous

• Sounds like my S.O. He can't afford to pay his full child support payment, but had money to go out to eat with his friend, get a $15 haircut, pay his cell phone bill, etc.
    Anonymous

• I would be upset too, and hurt. But at the same time... maybe he has a surprise planned up his sleeve?? :-) If not, at least rest assured that Father's Day comes after Mother's Day..........
    Anonymous