Delayed ovulation?

Does anyone know if you ovulate late will your period be late? If your luteal phase is 14 days will it stay the 14 days or will you period just come on the day you expect it? Make sense?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 PM on May. 7, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• ovulation does not always occur at the same time every month and there is really no such thing as "ovulating late." The 14 day rule is just an estimated guess.... remember, not all women are the same. If the reason for you asking is because you are trying.. my advice is to keep track of your periods for at least 2 months (start and end date) go buy an ovulation predictor test and follow the directions. because you have been tracking your periods and you are now familiar with how regular (or irregular) your cycles are, you're chances are much higher! I did this and was able to get pregnant my first try (with twins) =)
    If you arn't pregnant by the 5th month, I would suggest you and you're partner visit a doctor just in case!

Good Luck!
    FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 9:49 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Oh no I guess I wasnt very clear. Weve been trying for over a year, ive been seeing a Fertility Specialist. I just had a HSG done 2 weeks ago on CD10, and I usually O between 11-12 for a 25 day cycle. I temp sorrectly every morning and this month I never had a clear ovulation day. I was just wodering if most women go by their Luteal phase as in if your LP is 14 days and ovulation is delayed, will I still go by my LP or the day I should get AF. Its confusing.. I should know this, but I guess im just confused with how messed up my cycle has been since the HSG this cycle.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:50 AM on May. 8, 2010