Is this not a common thing to hear from a Christian?

The building collapsed and I walked away without a scratch. No doubt about what that means. An angel was watching over me because there is a special purpose for my life. And my fellow believer was killed instantly, because he was so good that God decided to call him home. And another fellow believer lost an arm and an eye, because God moves in mysterious ways and gives us exactly the challenges we need. Go ahead, just TRY to shake my faith.

Why would you beleive some thing like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on May. 7, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Hmm... while I believe that everything does happen for a reason, that kind of thinking is just a little too much. But, I guess if they're strong in their faith, that's not a bad thing.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 8:48 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I believe that but wouldn't challenge anyone to try to shake my faith.
    Anonymous

• I agree that it sounds kind of wacko, but everyone has a right to believe what they believe. If it makes someone feel better about a horrible situation, I say let them.
    Anonymous

• lol...I think everything happens for a reason...I may not know why someone came out scratchless and another person lost thier limb, but not everything has to be explained...stuff just happens.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 8:42 PM on May. 7, 2010

• i believe like that too...and as for challenging anyone no...but have you ever prayed for patience? if you ever have you know what i am talking about....
    Anonymous

• LOL
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:45 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I don't.
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 8:47 PM on May. 7, 2010

• What ever helps get you through....
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:04 PM on May. 7, 2010

• i believe in a supreme ruler of the universe, "God" is what i call it. but no way do i believe that it has some master plan for us while we're stuck in human form. lol why would it? people are so arrogant to think that God has a special purpose for them on Earth. God doesn't give a crap about us as humans. our souls/spirits are God's only concern. God doesn't protect our bodies. if it did, there wouldn't be starving children all over the world. i think we come here to learn through our human limitations. and if you blame God for everything that does or does not happen to you, you're not learning anything.

bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 9:17 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Because a caged mind cannot question...or think for itself.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 9:22 PM on May. 7, 2010