when getting over stomach bug how long before everything is back to normal?

my 2.5 year old had a bad stomach bug for 5 days - diarrhea and vomiting; hardly no eating, just drinking. it's been two full days since his last diarrhea/no poop. i guess it's because there was not much solid food in his system, but over the past two days, he did start eating and keeping food down. is he not yet pooping because his system is just getting back to normal? probably the case but just wanted to check. thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:58 PM on May. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• giveit a few more days and up to3 wks try the brat diet
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 9:15 PM on May. 7, 2010

• 3 weeks not to poop is a long time. i'd say that if by tuesday he's still not pooping at all take him to the doctor. try giving him juices to help him pass.
    flaggot13

Answer by flaggot13 at 9:37 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I just got over one.. It depends on the person really. I had a 24 hour bug and I felt fine the next day.
    SinaiJ

Answer by SinaiJ at 6:45 AM on May. 10, 2010