Is it appropriate for your husband to get you the same exact Mother's Day gift as his mother?

MIL have not seen eye-to-eye lately. She even threatened custody of our kids! DH went and got me flowers for Mother's Day, and come to find out he got her the Same Exact Ones!!! Am I overracting, or is that strange?!

KamiLynn

Asked by KamiLynn at 9:11 PM on May. 7, 2010 in Holidays

• Why not? Mothers day isn't supposed to be about the gifts... It's supposed to be about honoring the mothers in your life.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:16 PM on May. 7, 2010

• at least u get something!
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 9:18 PM on May. 7, 2010

• it sounds like your DH just doesn't have any imagination when it comes to giving gifts, so maybe he is sticking with the "easy" out.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:18 PM on May. 7, 2010

• i think its a little wierd. unless it was something like a gift certificate for a spa, maybe. but the same exact flowers... i might feel like there was no thought put into that. its not about the gifts sabrina i agree, but its the tought that counts.
    i dont even know if my SO got me something yet though. so we'll see.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:19 PM on May. 7, 2010

• That would depend on the gift, in your case, I think you are overreacting. It's just flowers.

Anonymous

• I agree with VeronicaLee. He probably thought he was doing something nice. Yeah, it kind of stinks... but at least he made an effort!!!!
    Anonymous

• I agree it would depend on the gift, flowers, ehh yeah maybe you are over reacting a little. Mothers day isn't about the gifts though, although i do understand where you are coming from. Hey, at least he got you something. Im not even sure if my husband remembers mothers day is sunday.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 9:27 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I'm suprised he got his mother flowers after he threatened to take your kids away from you....I'd want as far away from that lady as possible to be honest! lol Even if it were my own mother!
    Anonymous

• sounds lazy to me.
    bri_0110

Answer by bri_0110 at 9:33 PM on May. 7, 2010

• You're over reacting.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:51 PM on May. 7, 2010