thinking about havign another baby

what are the really and honest challenges to having a second baby. I am having that baby feeling again but I am scared that it will be over whelming. Ds will be 2 in the summer
please help.

Amelora

Asked by Amelora at 9:21 PM on May. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• My DD was 21 months when I had my twin boys. We were NOT thinking we'd have twins, but that's what we got....
    At the time, my DD was really jealous of the boys and wanted to be held a lot. I think as long as you make time for your oldest APART from the next little one, they should be fine. All kiddos deserve one on one time. As far as how hard it was....not too hard, except for all the sleepless nights again with a newborn and having to entertain your oldest on less sleep etc.
    It's not a bad thing, but I believe when your ready, your ready, and you'll know!
    16 months later, life is a bit crazy, but very worth it! xoxoxo
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 9:25 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I had my daughter when my son was 4. We tried for 15 months before I got pregnant. At first, I was disappointed in the gap... but now I LOVE it because of the one-on-one time that I get with both. I think that having two kids closer in age would be a little harder. I feel that the age gap that I have is pretty easy to work with!!! I feel very lucky! But don't worry about all of the preplanning... if you want it to happen, and it happens, don't second guess yourself... because children are gifts, no matter what the age gap! There will be good and bad days... but in the end, your kids will usually leave you with a great big smile.
    Anonymous

• shes gonna be 2 then nows a GREAT time!! she will be old enought to know theres a baby in your belly and be hands on helping you when the baby gets here.
    yummy_mommy89

Answer by yummy_mommy89 at 9:32 PM on May. 7, 2010