I weaned my baby a week ago but as soon as I got my period my breast swelled.

So I stoped nursing compleatly last Thursday. I had no pain because I weaned over a 2 and a half month period. I started my period for the first time since I had my baby on wednesday. Thursday evening my right breast hurt so bad I had to express a little milk by hand. It felt better right away, but then I woke up at 6 am this morning in major pain. I have had mastitis (sp?) in my right breast twice so I kinda freaked about getting it again and nursed my baby this morning. She emptyed it and since I have had NO pain, but I'm scared this will keep happening. I understand why it happend with the hormone change from starting my period but I would like to know how to dry my milk supply if the pain becomes to much again. Sorry for any mis spelling I have very little time to post this. Thank you to all who replay!

LilMzMa

Asked by LilMzMa at 9:35 PM on May. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• put cabbage leafs in your bra. it'll dry your milk up. and if you prduce milk don't nurse your baby cause it'll send signals to make more milk. i had mastosis (sp?) too and it sounds like the begining of it. take a a hot shower and have the water hit your breast so it'll reduce pain and take away that engordgement (sp?). good luck mama. i hope you feel better soon!
    treaH

Answer by treaH at 1:16 AM on May. 8, 2010

• thanks! :)
    LilMzMa

Answer by LilMzMa at 2:22 AM on May. 8, 2010