Questions to ask yourself, from a list by Charles Templeton

Just a sampling. I am interested in the answers.
1. The bible says that "the lord thy god is a jealous god." but if you are omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, eternal, and the creator of all that exists, of whom could you possibly be jealous?

2. Why does the omnipotent god, knowing there are tens of thousands starving to death in a parched land, simply let them die when all that is needed is rain, which he could easily provide?

3.Why would the creator of the universe need to personally impregnate a Palestinian virgin in order to get his son into the world? Did he forget how to sculpt dirt?

witchqueen

Asked by witchqueen at 9:39 PM on May. 7, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Hmmm He is jealous, lets see. He will share the spotlight with no one and is totally deserving. Kind of like, Im the mom, I birthed my children in pain and they AINT calling anybody else 'mama!" lol

Why does God allow suffering? Very valid question. I think its very important that God is not the creator of sufferring rather, he gave Adam and Eve perfection. He also did provide man with a unique ransom. There is alos justice just around the corner spoken of in Revelation.

Ill get back with you on Mary.

3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 10:18 PM on May. 7, 2010

• 1) you be jealous of OR jealous for some one

2) everything was decide from the beginning of time. he has his will and his reasons...something you might not understand until the end product there of....

3) palestine??? hahahaha......r u kidding me? i am glad you are able to post about something for your entertainment or to stirr up drama because u obviously know nothing about what you are talking about.....

and by you screen name alone i can see why....if you disagree with it why do insist on meddling in it....you may not like it but you ARE thinking aobut it and that is how seeds start...
    Anonymous

• While these are all valid points, this can be said for any god/goddess. Look at the Greek gods. Some were jealous, petty, and downright selfish.

I guess that God doesn't help people for the same reason people don't help other people. *shrugs* Who knows? Why allow them to inhabit such a land in the first place? Who knows? Maybe there were not supposed to stay there, but they didn't listen? Kind of like little kids don't listen to their parents?

He wanted His son to experience the life of a human in every way. The only way to do that was through a human.

Now, how about we all agree to disagree regarding God and religion, and stop trying to prove each other wrong?
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:56 PM on May. 7, 2010

• popcorn

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:58 PM on May. 7, 2010

• #1 ive never understood the jealous idea of God...its such a negative feeling.

#2 i dont believe God intercedes in our lives, controlling every single thing that goes on in the world. those ppl live in a land thats prone to drought, nature is in control of that, the same as w/ earthquakes, volcanoes, tornadoes, etc. its not that God couldnt stop it, i just dont think he sees the point in doing so...its not like ppl would all of a sudden believe just b/c of that one act of nature. also, if God never let anyone die we'd be even more overpopulated than we are now...ppl die, its sad, but its part of being human.

#3 did God come down and have sex w/ Mary...did i miss that in the Bible? ive always thought it was a "you are now pregnant" thing, not an actual sexual act. i thought it was Zeus and the like that came down and had sex w/ mortals...
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:02 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Hey Beeks? Pass some of that popcorn over here...this is gonna be good!!
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 10:04 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I have Hot Tamales. Trade ya. Where is NP with the mead?

And Witchqueen, I think I love you. I'll have to search the rest of his list.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 10:07 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Here you go Daisy, have a margarita too lol.

popcornmargarita time

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:08 PM on May. 7, 2010

• These all have answers however Witchqueen.. I am not sure you are really wanting the answers.
    If I truly thought this was genuine I would answer... sorry.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:28 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I agree with Shane....are your questions sincere or mocking?
    Anonymous