Why does it matter who's fault it is? What does fighting about it accomplish?

At this point, who cares if our current economic crisis was caused by Clinton, Bush or Obama? I think we should all be focusing on a solution rather that trying to place the blame. Don't get me wrong, I have my own strong opinions, but at this point, why does it matter who is to blame?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on May. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• You sound like a regretful Obama supporter backpeddling. :)
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 10:06 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I think that you need to go have a sit-down with our current Pres. I do agree with you, to a point, but as long as a certain someone keeps on blaming his predecessor, and not recognizing that what he is trying to do will NOT work, and will NOT own his mistakes, then I feel I have no choice but to be as vocal as I can be about what he is doing. He is refusing to do anything to HELP the situation, so why should I give him a pass? Look at the numbers, compare his spending to Bush and Clinton. Yes, they made mistakes. But my goodness, O has them both beat by a landslide when it comes to frivolous spending, which he promised to cut out of the budget. Unemployment is UP for April, but he is going to worry about everything else BUT the economy and jobs. That is a failure in my book. He needs to focus on what is important to the people, but he is ignoring the people. And that is NOT GOOD....
    29again

Answer by 29again at 10:17 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Quite frankly, it is what it is. I am better off financially now than in 2008. My husband has a better job, been promoted twice. I still have the same job. Our HCBs have always been good, but that does not mean I agree with how hc is administrated and who makes the decision on what will be covered and for whom. Just because I am not personally affected by much of the untoward stuff does not mean that I do not care. Sometimes people are in the position they are in because of the decisions THEY make. That's what people often forget- personal responsibility.

Anonymous

• Ok. so those millions who are out of work, and have been for MONTHS, they made a choice to get laid off. I see. Personally, I made a choice years ago to buy a house that I could afford, no matter what. I did NOT foresee a time where I could not get hired ANYWHERE!! But, thank God, we've been able to continue to make the mortgage payment, even through these hard times. No loan modifications, no other debt. I'm all for personal responsibility, but sometimes events are out of OUR hands, and beyond OUR control.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 10:46 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I could not get hired ANYWHERE! What's your skill and educational level? What's your work history? Any lapses greater than 1 year? How many kids do you have? Did you think about your future when you made the decisions that you made? Long term?

Anonymous

• 29again,

You said it all, I can't add a thing.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 11:34 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Education -- college degree
    Skill level -- I can do whatever I have to do, and do it better than most.
    Work History -- started babysitting @ 13 (3 kids all day long + weekends when parents went out) got a "real job" @ 16. Longest time off was 18 mo after my son was born in 1999. (I'm over 40 now, so I have an extensive history)
    I have 4 kids from 10 - 21. Yes, I did think about the future. Like I said ^^ we bought a house that was affordable. We have no other debt. We don't believe in CC, and don't have any. Plans that we may have had, are shot now. I am glad that things are going so well for you, anon, but we aren't all so lucky. I've always been able to more or less pick where I want to work, and get hired there. But life happens, and that is not the case anymore. As long as I keep my house, I will be OK. And, so far, so good. btw, in March the county unemployment rate was over 14%. It has not gone down.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 11:37 PM on May. 7, 2010

• thank you, nates! I appreciate it!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 11:39 PM on May. 7, 2010