Just need to vent a sec.

I am really tired of seeing people of seeing people bash teen moms.
Yes I know I am 17 and won't be 18 until October. Married and on our second child. We don't get financial help or any kind help for that matter from anyone nor are we on public assistance. Age sometimes really is just a number. We love each other and do great for our family. Teen parents can be just as good as mothers in their 30's. The only "obstacles" we have is people putting us down, but i have learned to look beyond that. There is so much I could say but I am going to leave it at this, you are not in her shoes so don't judge, you don't know what her life was like prior to this or how much she enjoys her life this way. She may be the best mom in the world but you may never know because you can not look beyond her age. Leave her alone unless you see her or the children at harm.

mrsbean08

Asked by mrsbean08 at 9:59 PM on May. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• Honey it's all about LOVE!! If you LOVE eachother and you both LOVE your children you will overcome all obstacles and achieve great things in life!! It does not take age to attain wisdom as many people twice and three times your age prove every day!! You are blessed!!!
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 10:50 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I am not trying to start drama, as I said I am just trying to vent and I think this needs to be heard.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 9:59 PM on May. 7, 2010

• YAY!!! I'm old.... but I agree with you! I don't promote teen pregnancies, but everyone should be allowed to make their own decisions as long as they are responsible. Don't let the comments that people make affect you in a negative light... instead make something good of it. Try forming a support group online for teenage parents. You could make a big difference in someone's life!!!
    Anonymous

• Age does not make a good mom. I think so many people get caught up in the single teen mom depending on welfare to support them. The babies dad isn't anywhere around. I give you credit being a momand wife isn't easy and i'm one of those 30's mom. But to be a teen on top of that I give you a lot of credit. My nephews mom was only 16 when she had my nephew but, she is a really great mom and works to support him. Not asking for handouts. Keep it up!
    mceama

Answer by mceama at 10:05 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Age has nothing to do with it. I think people feel bad for you as your brain isn't fully developed and you can't fully understand what you've done to your life. Even if everything is great now you have only been a mom for a few years at max and being able to raise a child to toddlerhood isn't a great accomplishment. When your kids have graduated from college and are productive member of society then we'll talk about what kind of mother you were as a teen. I'm not old but I'm not young either and I changed more from 16-24 then I would have ever imagined as a teen. Give yourself credit for what you've accomplished and how well you're doing now but it's not time yet to get on a soap box and scream from the roof tops how wonderful everything went yet. I hope everything keeps going as it is and that your life and the lives of your children are wonderful, I think that it's great you guys have managed this well considering.
    Anonymous

• He just turned 21 there is only about a 3 and a half year difference, how far apart in age are you and your husband?
    By the way no im not saying he has the best job and in the world but he makes good enough money. Enough to pay all the bills, get groceries and still have a good amount left over every month. We are taking care of our children so why does it matter? I geuss this is my question then, If a teen parent is doing a good job raising their child(ren) in all aspects and they are happy then why do you care about their life?
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 10:16 PM on May. 7, 2010

• You were 16 when he was 19...That's wrong. My SO is older than me by over a decade but at least I was grown up enough to understand a relationship and not make more babies I couldn't handle. Good luck though-the chance of him staying is very low.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 10:22 PM on May. 7, 2010

• So it's ok that when you were 10 your husband was 20, but we are only 3 and half years apart and that is wrong?
    Oh Well we have been together for 3 years and are now married, he cared enough to marry me not for our son but for me, think what you want but I will pray for you.

mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 10:45 PM on May. 7, 2010

• You seem to be doing well for yourselves right now and I think everyone wishes you the very best, it's just that we've seen so many young people fall apart with the pressure to be grown up before you are emotionally or financially ready to handle it. Being young parents is just too much for most people to handle for very long. That doesn't mean you can't make it work forever, it just means most people consider it way too much of a chance to take and it scares us. Best of luck to you both!
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 10:56 PM on May. 7, 2010

• And I'll dance naked in the woods for you.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 10:56 PM on May. 7, 2010