Got pet hair to spare?

Sadie the schnauzer shedding like crazy? Pet owners can clean house and the Gulf Coast by donating oil-absorbing pet fur to Matter of Trust.
If you’ve been keeping tabs on the catastrophic (an adjective I feel like I’ve been having to use far too often lately) Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, you’ve probably been wondering how exactly you can help. Well, for those of you with furry, four-legged flatmates, it can be as easy as sweeping the floors and collecting all that errant fur and hair.

So how exactly can hoarding pet fur help with cleaning up one of the worst environmental disasters in recent memory? Enter Matter of Trust, a San Francisco-based nonprofit that’s been accepting donations of non-filthy pet fur and human hair since 1998 to craft oil-absorbing hairmats

http://www.mnn.com/your-home/around-the-house/blogs/got-pet-hair-to-spare

ccmj

Asked by ccmj at 10:01 PM on May. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• http://www.mnn.com/your-home/around-the-house/blogs/got-pet-hair-to-spare
    ccmj

Answer by ccmj at 10:01 PM on May. 7, 2010

• http://www.matteroftrust.org/

this is the company that will be collecting hair....human and pet

please if you have a salon consider what you can do

ccmj

Answer by ccmj at 10:03 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Heard this story yesterday. They'll need lots of pet hair (forget the lb to qt ratio)-I should send my vacuum cleaner bag-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:03 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Several Siberians and wolfdogs. I can spare a bit.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:04 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Pomeranian shi-tzu here I have a vacuum full and plenty left on my couch and floor still, I need to start brushing and bagging huh? This is new to me. I just don't know how i will ever part with all this hair.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 10:09 PM on May. 7, 2010

• OMG!! I HAD TWO COLLIES!! My daughter just had her eight year old female collie shaved and took her home to Springfield, MO. But I still have Teddy, and he sheds a TON!! ESP.in the spring! I'll def. be sending them enough to make a few mats!!
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 10:30 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Darn! I gave my Himalayan the "lion cut" a few weeks ago :(
    I wish I would have held out to do it and I could ahve donated it!
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 10:44 PM on May. 7, 2010

• OIL is STILL spilling into the gulf........millions of gallons need to be absorbed...........please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ccmj

Answer by ccmj at 8:35 AM on May. 8, 2010

• bump

ccmj

Answer by ccmj at 9:46 AM on May. 9, 2010

• one pound of hair = one gallon of oil
    ccmj

Answer by ccmj at 3:14 PM on May. 10, 2010