Didn't we try to tell you?

In a stunning revelation Wednesday, several top U.S. corporations are seriously considering dropping employee health insurance coverage in light of what they see as the inevitable consequence of ObamaCare--skyrocketing costs.
a report issued today in Fortune Magazine and reported by CNN indicates that the dire warnings of ObamaCare critics concerning the consequences of approving the costly legislation are in fact well-founded.
The report points to internal documents from AT&T, Verizon, John Deere, and several other large corporations which show that executives are, in fact, looking at the option of dropping healthcare coverage for employees due to what they are sure will be unsustainable increases in costs. These costs will be so prohibitive that it would benefit the corporations to pay the government fines instead:

http://www.examiner.com/x-37620-Conservative-Examiner~y2010m5d5-BreakingObamaCare-prompts-top-companies

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 PM on May. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I am so glad i didnt vote. I was to naive to understand all this crap.If it wasn't for all of you and posting this stuff I would have continued on with my little life lol. Im learning more and more everyday..i have been interested so next time around I will vote.
    Does that makes sense? I didnt want to vote because i would have not done it for the right reasons?
    reading over that it looks silly..I hope someone understands lol.
    My odd way of saying thanks :P
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 11:08 PM on May. 7, 2010

• And they said it would never happen. Dur.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 10:05 PM on May. 7, 2010

• So much for protecting CURRENT health care.
    Anonymous

• They knew what they were doing. This will end the company provided healthcare so they can proclaim the need for single payer. Obama did say this bill was just a start. What did people really think he meant by that?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:07 PM on May. 7, 2010

• OMG how could this be? wasn't the health care bill supposed to be the greatest thing ever? lol duh!
    Anonymous

• all i could do was laugh.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 10:11 PM on May. 7, 2010

• So you are saying that without the current health care bill there would have been no increase in health care costs?

Over the last decade, employer-sponsored health insurance premiums have increased 119 percent. 4
    • Employees have seen their share of job-based coverage increase at nearly the same rate during this period jumping from $1,543 to $3,354.4
    • The cumulative increase in employer-sponsored health insurance premiums have raised at four times the rate of inflation and wage increases during last decade. This increase has made it much more difficult for businesses to continue to provide coverage to their employees and for those workers to afford coverage themselves.

http://systocracy.com/NCHCReport.7.20.09.pdf

oh, wait....

stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:18 PM on May. 7, 2010

• But I thought that if I liked my plan I can keep it!! So basically, Obama LIED!! Good ole Joe was RIGHT!!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 10:19 PM on May. 7, 2010

• The conservative exanimer? NEXT

Just so YOU are aware , ONE of the major reason WE wanted a PO is a LARGE  percentage of employers in the past 10 years have decided to STOP offering coverage...that isn't Obama's fault..although in YOUR wet dreams EVERYTHING is....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:22 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Remember Obama said at that republican meeting himself that provisions were in fact 'snuck in' the bill that could cause folks to lose their private insurance..yeah well he had no plans to really make sure that would not happen.

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:25 PM on May. 7, 2010