do you think nudity triggers sex offenders? & adultry?

was having a discussion on the last nudity past & started thinking about the other day when me and my mom were watching nancy grace the other night, & she said that she wondered where the hell all these sex offenders were comming from in these past few decades & why so many women & children are being targeted. that got me to thinking that, back in the day, they have porn, strippers, nudity in movies, women didnt walk around half naked, etc. & there were so many less crimes. im wondering if the fact that someone struggling with a sex addiction cant go anywhere without seeing a 15 yr old girl walking around with major cleavage, or people having sex in a movie, or a strip club driving down the street .. do you think it might trigger them to act out there addiction more often? & also, is that why we have so much more adultry? because of all the temptation and triggers in our new culture of sex in america.

PURPULbutterfly

Asked by PURPULbutterfly at 10:43 PM on May. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Well we all agree that men are VISUAL CREATURES, so if you take that into account and with the porn industry having stuff like barely legal and what they call "teen" porn. I am sure that plays a HUGE part in that as well. A lot of movies these days are almost like soft porn was back in the day. Sex is coming at you in every direction. Plus it is getting harder and harder to protect our kids from that crap. They are being exposed earlier and earlier on. We live in a very SEX CHARGED society. What is one to expect?
    Anonymous

• I think everything adds to the trouble we're seeing in society.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 10:49 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I think you're on the right track. It's more due to the fact that it's so acceptable to parade oneself around half naked. It's so fluent on TV. I, personally, find it very offensive. I like the way it used to be. Women were somewhat modest.
    Anonymous

• No not really. If you research sex offenders they usually have weird trigger like brown hair, blue shirts, red benches. Nothing that really has to do with sex but the person wearing it, sitting on it or that has brown hair triggers them. As fat as adultery I think that because everyone is laid back about marriage and go into it assume they'll just get divorced if it doesn't work out. I think all the skin isn't good for society but I don't think that is the core of these problems.
    Anonymous

• There have ALWAYS been these types of crimes, but they haven't really been studied or reported on until recent history. So that is why you are hearing more about it.
    IMO..sex offenders have a mental illness-one that is not caused by "nudity"....
    Anonymous

• could be because of all our newest technology?? i mean, we got cell phones that can take pics and send from one person to the other, computers that allow chat rooms and trick us into thinking one is NOT a sex offender and also allowing pics going from one computer to another. back then...they didnt have computers and cell phones that did so
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:30 PM on May. 7, 2010

• i agree that sex offenders probably have a mental illness - but i think it also has to do with an addiction to sex and i feel like it can be compared to someone has a gambling addiction. they might have alot of control over it, until they walk by the lotto machine and that might trigger them. or when your addicted to smoking, and you walk by and smell someones ciggerate. what if these people battle with sexual addictions, and fantasize about young girls & then they walk by a 16 yr old whos boobs are hanging out, it might trigger them - & since they probably cant just go out and find a 16 yr old willing to have sex with them, they find one and rape her, and think they can get away with it.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:31 PM on May. 7, 2010

• The crimes haven't changed - the 24/7 news coverage of them has. It just used to be you never heard about it. Even regular child abuse wasn't publicized - it was a dirty little secret and kids were kept in the home as long as possible, same with spousal abuse. This is just one more thing - you didn't talk about sex, so by default, you didn't talk about sex crime, and most definitely didn't put it on the evening news.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:41 PM on May. 7, 2010

• purpul...there is a big difference b/w sex offenders and sex addicts. and they are not necessarily related to one another. When I hear that a man says he has a sex addiction, I laugh...it's a GUY! of course they are addicted to sex-they have a penis right? lol...
    a sex offender-esp in regards to underage children-is a sick mental illness and IMO cannot be cured...
    Anonymous

• The devil causes these things. The media allows it to become more and more relaxed and not a big deal. The more coverage there is on the weird habits of celebrities, the more the public buy into it. June Cleaver kept her dress zipped up and her apron on, Now TV moms are single and letting it all hang out. (nothing against single moms by the way I used to b one). The media has desensitized us to alot of things, and the worst part is sex offenders have been allowed to go free, but even when they were in prison they still had fun...Go figure!
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:59 AM on May. 8, 2010