So you care for your children?

Or to you send them to your inlaws or your own parents? Do you actually care for your own kids and provide everything for them or do you beg your parents to buy you stuff for your kids. ( diapers, formula,clothing,toys etc...)
I find it rude and selfish, cause your parents shouldn't be taking care of your kids its your responsibilty.

I have met about three families that ask there own parents to buy stuff for them. I think its wrong and at some poiint your parents need to cut the cord and you need to grow,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 PM on May. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• I take care of my own. I have never asked my parnets for anything or my in laws. They get it themselves such as clothes or diapers. I never talk to them about what our kids need. They get it for the hell of it even if we don't need it. My dad bought my daughter medicine one time when i was visiting (we live in different states) and I left ours at home so he went to the store and bought it without me asking and wouldnt let me repay him. Sometimes the things you list are what grandparents do. Doesnt mean that its wrong every time to accept a little help. There is nothing wrong with the grandparents watching their grandbabies every once in a while
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:50 PM on May. 7, 2010

• No, I don't. My husband has a job. I agree they should cut the cords but if I was a grand parent I would let my grandchild do with out.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:51 PM on May. 7, 2010

• wouldn't****
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:52 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I care for my kids 100%. Never ever have I asked for a hand-out even if others offered. Idk I guess because I felt that I made these kids and they're our responsibilty. My younger brother(25) on the other hand expects for my mom to give him money or buy his kids things when they need it. Oh and she does...then she bitches about it. LOL
    yolandasix

Answer by yolandasix at 10:53 PM on May. 7, 2010

• We take care of our own but there have been times where unexpected costly repairs arise (perfect example, today my washer gave out, either gonna have to replace it, take it to be done, or do it @ a coin laundry, anyway more time & $$$ we don't have) but 99% of the time we'll do w/out before asking our parents for help. I have done dishes by hand for over 2 yrs & just got a dishwasher! instead of asking one of our parents to replace it. I agree that parents shouldn't foot the whole bill or the adult kids should be irresponsible. I do like that both of our parents like to do things for us & instead of getting us crap for holidays we won't use they ask us what we need. If its $$$ for a washer....I have NEVER asked either set for $$$ for what you mentioned. Agree that if you can't provide the basic needs for your kids then....that said there are many families in bad situations bc of the economy. Now more then ever family is needed
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:55 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Babysitting is fine. I am talking about the parents that will leave their kids and come back days later to pick them up. Or would randomly call them up and say oh my son/daughter needs this toy, clothing ,etc...
    I think its wrong and selfish... I get my kids what they need cause if you spoil your children they will be Brats and think their entitled to everything. That is why most the women/families I have met are begging the grandparents for everything.
    Anonymous

• If they need the help why not. I for one have the problem with a mother who wants to pay for everything even though i can provide just fine. She just likes to spoil her first grandchild ever. I make decent money and live on my own pay all my bills without a man in my life for that matter and don't mooch. If she goes out and buys stuff for him then that's what she does. Why so judgmental? maybe they don't ask maybe their parents just want to do it. Now if a mother needs help and is single and not on her feet yet that is her business as well and that is what families do they help each other, again why so judgmental?
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 10:59 PM on May. 7, 2010

• i take care of my own. however their grandma does watch them for me on sat and sun mornings while ia m working. and after work i always go strait back to pick them up. i provide for my kids on my own. and am pretty stuborn and would rather do without myself to take care of my kids than to ask for help.
    Anonymous

• my MIL freely buys stuff for my kids without asking us which irks me cause now i dont know where it belongs, her house or mine. i never had to ask anyone else to buy something for my kids. as for my BIL, who is 28, has a child that is 11, for her birthday...apparently she needed clothes. something she needs because his wife left him and got a divorce now he doesnt know how to properly take care of her himself so MIL and SIL trys to help him out and to me...i think thats totally messed up.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:11 PM on May. 7, 2010

• My boyfriend and I provide for our son. Even in the hardest times we make sure that his needs are met first. We don't ask for any hand outs, unless we can pay it back. I don't see anything wrong for asking for help, once in awhile, but ppl shouldn't be greedy about it.

Cappy1979

Answer by Cappy1979 at 11:16 PM on May. 7, 2010