is it just me??

is it just me or am i allowed to be a little upset that i am pretty sure my husband didn't get me anything for mother's day?? well he just didn't have time... you see he was about to go and then he got called in to work.... and nothing on valentines day?? and our anniversary?? and christmas?? well he wasn't with us for christmas and our anniversary... but we got him something!! and we celebrated when he came home...
i know i am probably just being silly but i am a little upset.... oh well its just material things anyway... but just wake up early with our daughter once in a while or watch her so i can go out to the mall and buy myself something!! or just to get my dang eyebrows done!!!

so is it just me???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on May. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• no, its not just you. if you couldnt celebrate something on that particular day, then it could have been celebrated a couple days after or maybe even a week after. there's no saying that he cant celebrate it anytime before or after. is his mind so on something else he cant seem to remember or even think of how you'd feel about it??

my husband makes sure that it is ok with me for him not to get me anything if there was a reason. he should at LEAST make sure it is ok with you.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:05 PM on May. 7, 2010

• your definatly not wrong. im sorry but i can be a material person, i expect a present every once in a while AND i expect my SO to help me get some alone time. i know how you feel, my SO didnt get me anything for valentines day this yr, & alls he got me for our anniversary was a card. if he doesnt get me anything for mothers day, im going to be pissed. but he did just buy us concert tickets to a show i really wanted to go too, and i know what hes doing for us for my bday and im pretty happy about that (june 3oth) so i might let mothers day go... but i better get atleast a card. or get to sleep in late. or something. lol.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:06 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Nope...you have every right to be upset. It isn't about money or materialism-it's the fact he couldn't take 2 minutes out of his life to show you how much you mean to him. Heck, a nice handmade card and a backrub would make my whole entire day! And for him to do it each and every time.....that hurts.
    Have you told him that it hurts your feelings and makes you feel unappreciated? Some guys are just clueless but it may also be a sign of other problems in your marriage. Has he always been like this? Even while you two were dating? If so, you may just be stuck with a dud (lol)....if not, then have a talk with him....
    Hope it works out...
    Anonymous

• I would be hurt too but my husband always gets me wonderful gifts. Right now we just don't have the extra money. He has already apologized in advance. But I am not mad because he is so wonderful all the time anyway. Tonight he cooked dinner and I did not have to do it when I got in from work. Plus he is a stay at home dad with our 4yr old, who is hyper enough to drive anybody mad. lol.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 11:24 PM on May. 7, 2010

• O P....You just might get surprised...it isn't mother's day yet. I pray you will.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 11:25 PM on May. 7, 2010

• It isn't Mother's day yet, so hopefully he does come through.
    I'd be upset too. My mom and I were just talking today that we have to drop not so subtle hints to our spouses that the special day is coming. That we would like it to be celebrated. It's not about what he gets, if he gets anything, it's that he remembers and at least says "Happy Mother's day". I'd rather him tell me what I mean to him as a wife and mother of his kids, then get anything. Although I wouldn't turn down a gift. It's sad that we have to remind our men to do something special for us, after all we do for them. Especially when we go out of our way to do something special for them. However, if that's what I have to do to be recognized on my special days .. or at all .. then unfortunately that's what I have to do.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:30 PM on May. 7, 2010

• YOU R NOT HIS MOTHER. He doesn't need 2 get u anything.
    Anonymous

• A lot of men flake out on their wives and mother's but expect the royal treatment come father's day. Men who take the women in their lives for granted should be shown a little bit of exactly what they hand out, nothing. My husband pulled this crap the first year we were married. His mom called and asked what he got me and I told her "He didn't do anything for Mother's Day but I have a wonderful daughter every day because of him so oh well" She reamed his butt out and I've gotten a present every year since lol. Good luck, yes be mad but instead of letting it ruin your day take your baby and go do something special together. Go get mommy and me pictures made at the mall or something fun to celebrate. If he doesn't come through then leave his butt at home!
    Anonymous

• "YOU R NOT HIS MOTHER. He doesn't need 2 get u anything. "

seriously? your husband treats you this way? how SAD!
    Anonymous

• I think the fact you brought his kids into the world deserves a gift EVERYDAY lol. not materialistic really...just want to be appreciated, I completely get that. I think if he blows this off you need to sit his ungrateful butt down and let him know thats a load of crap then go on strike for a week...I did and let me tell ya lol he stepped up quick when he realized how much I actually do.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:29 AM on May. 8, 2010