Should the American flag be banned from schools?

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/05/06/american-flag-banned-america/

A poll on Fox News and the sad thing is, is that 62% of the people have said yes!

Kids should be learning the history of this Country and the meaning of the flag, not to be ashamed of it and to hide it. WTH is happening to this country. I'm so sick of this Politically Correct crap. Anyone who thinks they should ban the flag from schools should pack their bags and head out!

If they are worried about the kids safety, then they should be looking at the people that are trying to cause harm to the children. Removing the flag is not the answer.

onthegoturbo

Asked by onthegoturbo at 11:35 PM on May. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• My school had many flags up. Of course the front yard flag was the American flag. In the cafeteria they had multiple flags because we have TONS of exchange students.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:37 PM on May. 7, 2010

• :( Looks like us Loyal Americans are gonna have to get very big polls and big flags :)
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 11:37 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I don't know about that poll because people can vote as many times as they want.
    Anonymous

• No way that is not cool. I know I said whatever about it being just fabric but. It has always been that way. Schools took out the prayer because it is government paid. This is certianly not right.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 11:43 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Fox news poll??? That and 50 cents will get you squat! I don't think very many Americans have a problem with the American flag...I know I am proud to fly mine outside my home (and shocker, I'm a democrat!)
    Anonymous

• no it shouldnt be banned
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 11:44 PM on May. 7, 2010

• what is this country coming to? is it now wrong to fly our OWN flag? this country is seriously scaring me. i am a proud american. but i am finding myself becoming more ashamed of what goes on here.
    Anonymous

• delilah--they took prayer out b/c of something called separation of church and state....schools are having a hard enough time teaching math and spelling...prayers belongs in the church/synagogue etc of your choice.
    Anonymous

• I could care less what the numbers say, it's just the fact that they are even having to ask this question.
    onthegoturbo

Answer by onthegoturbo at 11:46 PM on May. 7, 2010

• You mean in American schools? No-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:51 PM on May. 7, 2010