Why are you "proud" to be an American?

Why? We've had presidents who run us into the ground. We've had people in Iraq for entirely too long. Can someone even remind me why there is still American men and women there? A majority of the people are rude. A very decent amount of people sit back and relax and watch YOUR dollars run in. Youre proud to be part of a nation like this? What happened to the good old days where everyone helped a little so everyone could get by?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on May. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• im proud to be CANADIAN!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:41 AM on May. 8, 2010

• I am deeply ashamed that there are people in this country who think the way you do. I cant even begin to tell you how wrong you are.

I AM A PROUD AMERICAN
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 12:36 AM on May. 8, 2010

• I don't know what part of the country your in, but where I'm at, we still help eachother. If we see someone in need, we stop and help. We're glad to help our neighbors out. We take pride in our country.

We've had some crappy Presidents, but that's because of the lack of knowledge. Kids aren't taught proper US history in schools anymore and it's been showing from some of the previous Presidents we've had. People are depending too much on the government and not enough on themselves.
    onthegoturbo

Answer by onthegoturbo at 12:36 AM on May. 8, 2010

• so where are all the supermoms to teach their children what they didnt learn in school?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on May. 8, 2010

• You are not even worth the argument.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on May. 8, 2010

• There are many things about America I'm not proud of. But after extensive traveling, I always get a bit of culture shock when I come home and am treated with American courtesy. I'm proud of all the aid my country has given other countries during disasters and just to help. I'm proud of our "Christian" standards (like it or not, our value of honesty and our regard for human life on NOT shared by many nations of other faiths). I'm proud of our value of good customer service (if you disagree, go spend some time in China!). I'm proud of our value of the planet and preventing pollution and litering (if you disagree, go spend some time in India). I'm proud we value being on time (if you disagree, go visit ANY non-European country!). I'm proud of our protection of young people (if you disagree, go spend some time in remote villages where girls are married off at 14 years old). I could go on and on, but I think you get the picture.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:42 AM on May. 8, 2010

• I'm proud to be an American, where AT LEAST I know I'm FREE. And I won't forget the MEN who DIED who gave that RIGHT to me, And I gladly stand up next to you and DEFEND her still today, 'Cause there ain't no doubt I LOVE this land GOD Bless the U.S.A.

I may not like our politicians, or the ridiculous things they come up with, but at least I am free... freer than anyone else in any other country. I'm really annoyed that Obama and his posse (yup) are trying to take our freedoms. But... wait yes, pretty sure we as citizens have the right to overthrow the government if it comes to the point the gov't seriously oversteps its bounds and doesn't do its job.

If you don't like it, GET OUT. Would you rather live elsewhere? Take a good look... people like you don't deserve to be an American, and maybe one of those illegals who is maybe TRYING to be a citizen can take your place.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 12:45 AM on May. 8, 2010

• missbreezy214 -bow down

onthegoturbo

Answer by onthegoturbo at 12:50 AM on May. 8, 2010

• I, above all things, am STILL proud to be an American. We still have our freedom and the war is still on the other side of the Earth. I am proud that there are men and women out there making sure the war doesn't hit home. I am proud that we are STILL "One nation, UNDER GOD, with liberty and justice for ALL." We still have freedom of Religion, which truly means that we are allowed to worship the God of the bible, believe in Jesus Christ, and attend whatever church we want. We are also allowed to question such religions and find the real TRUTH behind such beliefs. Sometimes the questions (when improperly answered) turn people to atheism, and as far as I know, that is also STILL allowed. Imagine having to be a Muslim, and not being allowed to question the validity of your belief system for fear of death by beheading. Imagine living right next door to a tribe of cannibals in Africa......cont.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:50 AM on May. 8, 2010

• I am proud of the choices that we each have, and the opportunities available for those who work hard.

I am proud of our diverse and unique roots. We are unlike any other country.

I am proud when I travel and others seem so interested in our life style and the options available.

I am proud that we can and do help those around us.

I am thankful for our freedoms, and am proud of those who fight the good fight..

I am proud that most in this country understand and accept that we are all part of a much bigger picture, and that our world is actually quite small.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:52 AM on May. 8, 2010